Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Monday met Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, who was undergoing treatment for several ailments at the All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Delhi.
Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Monday met Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, who was undergoing treatment for several ailments at the All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Delhi. Yadav has now been discharged from AIIMS. “This is unjust, it is a conspiracy to deteriorate Lalu Yadav’s health. I am being shifted to a place where there are no facilities. It is a tough time, but I will face it,” Yadav said after being discharged from AIIMS.
- Yadav, a convict in several fodder scam cases, was moved to AIIMS from Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) in Ranchi, where the RJD boss was admitted on March 16 after he complained of discomfort at the Birsa Munda Jail in Jharkhand capital.
- In a statement, AIIMS has said, “Lalu Prasad Yadav was referred to AIIMS for management of his acute medical condition. He has improved significantly and is being referred back to Ranchi Medical College for management of his chronic issues.”
Watch: Lalu Prasad Yadav argues with a Policeman at New Delhi Railway Station, says, ‘This policeman is asking me to step back, saying that the SP said so, is the SP my boss?”
#WATCH: Lalu Prasad Yadav argues with a Policeman at New Delhi Railway Station, says, ‘This Policemen is asking me to step back, saying that the SP said so, is the SP my boss?’ Lalu Prasad Yadav is leaving for Ranchi after being discharged from Delhi’s AIIMS. pic.twitter.com/mscGhHWqfC
— ANI (@ANI) April 30, 2018
- Meanwhile, the RJD chief has written to the AIIMS authority, requested not to shift him to the Ranchi hospital. “‘I don’t want to be shifted back to Ranchi hospital, as that hospital is not properly equipped to treat my ailments,” Yadav told AIIMS.
- RJD has alleged that AIIMS has decided to send Yadav back to Ranchi in haste. The party has alleged that the decision to transfer the RJD chief is politically motivated.
- RJD chief’s son and former Bihar deputy chief minister Tejashwi Yadav told reporters today: “The decision to shift Laluji from AIIMS to Ranchi Hospital has been taken in haste. AIIMS is much better and I wonder why this decision has been taken. Only AIIMS authorities can reveal the reason behind the sudden transfer of Laluji.”
Ruckus at AIIMS
- Yadav’s supporters today created a ruckus on the AIIMS premises while protesting against the decision to discharge Yadav. The party alleged there was a conspiracy to “murder” their leader by “forcing him out” of the premier hospital even though he continues to suffer from various ailments. According to PTI, during the ruckus, Yadav’s supporters broke a glass door, abused the security guards and administration officials.