Jharkhand school children taken ill, lizard found in meal

By: |
Ranchi | Published: May 19, 2018 8:58:34 PM

Over two dozen children were hospitalised in a Jharkhand school after consuming "khichdi" in which a dead lizard was found.

Jharkhand school children il, lizard in meal, dead lizard in khichdi, Domchanch, Koderma districtThe incident took place in a school located in Simaria village under Domchanch block of Koderma district in the state. (Representative image: IE)

Over two dozen children were hospitalised in a Jharkhand school after consuming “khichdi” in which a dead lizard was found. The incident took place in a school located in Simaria village under Domchanch block of Koderma district in the state. After consuming the food, the children complained of nausea and started vomiting, following which they were rushed to Domchanch Referral Hospital and Koderma Sadar Hospital. On getting information, Block Development Officer Narayan Ram, accompanied by Koderma Medical Officer Dr Ranjeet Kumar, reached the school.

On inquiry, they found a dead lizard in the utensil used for cooking the food for about 30 children. School Principal Saryu Razak, however, said he was unaware of the incident as he was off to Domchanch in connection with some school work. He blamed the cooks for the incident. Doctors attending on the children said their condition was stable and all were out of danger.

Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Next Stories
1MNM holds talks with parties, farmers on Cauvery; DMK skips
2Russia can help India in nuclear medicine, says Indian expert
3Former CJI TS Thakur criticises senior-most SC judges for January 12 presser