IPS officer UPSC main exam cheating case: On Monday, an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Safeer Karim, who is aspiring to enter the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), was arrested for cheating in the civil services main exam.
It was a shocking incident. Many people didn’t believe in the first go when the news broke out. On Monday, an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, who is aspiring to enter the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), was arrested for cheating in the civil services main exam. The name of this IPS officer is Safeer Karim. He is currently an Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) in Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu. Safeer Karim was caught talking to his wife in Hyderabad for answers of the main exam. He was arrested with Bluetooth equipment. The IPS officer has been jailed after Intelligence Bureau officers caught him cheating in the Union Public Service Commission (Main) Examination at a test centre in Egmore, Chennai. Here are things to know about this IPS officer caught cheating case and what he was really doing when Intelligence officers caught him for cheating in the civil services main exam:-
– Reportedly, Safeer Karim took a cellphone, a Bluetooth-enabled miniature camera in a shirt button and wireless earpieces into the examination hall in Presidency Girls Higher Secondary School. Safeer Karim was posted as an assistant superintendent of police in Nanguneri, Tirunelveli.
- Battleground Bihar: Youngsters from political clans try their luck as Tejashwi, Chirag fight to defend legacy
- Bihar Election 2020: High Court seeks EC reply on Plurals Party's plea seeking common symbol to contest polls
- Setback for Congress! Chhattisgarh Governor blocks govt move to bypass Centre’s farm laws
– Joicy Joy, Safeer Karim’s wife, was dictating the answers to him from Hyderabad.
– According to media reports, Karim handed over his wallet and a cellphone to intelligence officials from his trouser pockets. He apologised for forgetting to leave the handset in his car.
– Karim had concealed another phone and wireless earpieces in his socks. Also, he hid a miniature camera in his shirt.
– On Monday, the 3-hour civil services main examination started at 9 AM. After 20 mins, intelligence officials came and searched Karim. Officials seized the cellphone, camera and earpieces that he concealed under his seat.
– Joicy Joy has also been arrested by Hyderabad police. She was a visiting faculty member at “La Excellence IAS -The Institute for Civil Services” at Ashok Nagar Crossroads in Hyderabad.
– Karim hails from Aluva of Kerala. He ranked 112 in a second attempt at the UPSC exams in 2015. He is an electronics engineer and proprietor of Karim’s IAS. Karim’s IAS trains civil service candidates and has branches in Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram. Karim wanted to join the IAS, hence he took the UPSC exams again.
Officials say being caught cheating in exams, the matter will have a serious effect on Karim’s career.