The Indian Railway officials have confirmed no causality have been reported so far after the Palamu Express derailed in Jharkhand on Tuesday.
“Yesterday at 8:40 p.m., the derailment of Palamu express took place. No casualty or injury have been reported. The Maoists had called for a bandh in that area. Around 3-4 trains had to be diverted and the restoration work has already started,” PRO of Railways, Anil Saxena said.
“Few trains have been cancelled. No casualties are known as yet,” said station master, Shashank Shekhar.
“No injury or casualty have been reported so far. The engineers and railway officials have reached the spot and the services will resume soon,” said SP of Latehar, Anoop Birthare.
Rail tracks at Chipadohar in the Latehar district of Jharkhand were blown up by suspected Maoists on Tuesday.
According to reports, three bogies and the engine of the Patna-bound Palamu Express were derailed due to the incident.