Tehseen Poonawalla, in his tweet asked Irani to put a 56-inch pole in every University with a condom on it when the decision to wave a flag was taken.
In an interview with CNN 18, the current Minister of Textiles in the Government of India, Smriti Zubin Irani took on Akhilesh Yadav, Rahul Gandhi, Robert Vadra and didn’t even spare the quizmaster Derek O’Brien for his speech in the Rajya Sabha.
Here are the 10 major talking points of her interview:
1. The biggest talking point of this interview was the picture of a tweet posted by Tehseen Poonawala in February 2016. Poonawalla, in his tweet asked Irani to put a 56-inch pole in every University with a condom on it when the decision to wave a flag was taken. Ironically, Tehseen Poonawalla is closely related to Robert Vadra. Irani also questioned Derek O’Brien for remaining silent back then and questioned his hypocrisy.
2. Talking about the family drama that happened right before the UP assembly elections, Irani said that people understand that it is the same party and they will bring the ‘same gundaraj’. She said that we should be talking about more important issues like less than 10% of the money allocated has been used by the state govt.
3. She took a dig at the newly formed SP-Congress alliance and said that it strange how Congress’ agenda changed from ’27 saal, UP behal to UP ka vikas saath-saath’. She also mentioned that BJP is not worried about this alliance and in fact, it shows the of nervousness of both the parties.
You may also want to watch:
4. Mocking the vice-president of Congress, Rahul Gandhi, Ms. Irani said that he has a different definition of politics in every elections, but people don’t subscribe to it. He said he will travel India but I’m not sure if he has seen every block of Amethi.
5. While questioning the intentions of Rahul Gandhi and Akhilesh Yadav, Smriti Irani said that if they actually wanted the goodwill of people, they would have fighted separately but they joined hands because of their own political gain.
6. When asked about the ‘young leader’ image of Rahul Gandhi, Irani said that he himself has given the slogan that ‘I’m young so vote for me’. She said that I’m 40 and he is older than me but people call me ‘Aunty-national’ so, of course, he is an evergreen Yuva.
7. When asked why she continued to stay at Amethi despite losing in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, the former HRD minister said that I went to Amethi in 2014 because party wanted me to contest elections from there. But, I stayed back after losing because I wanted to make people understand, “Har neta Gandhi parivar jaisa nahi hota”
8. Smriti Irani said that we don’t need to have an opinion on everything and speak about them. There are certain issues that we should take easy and questioned why do we have to take a stand on everything!
You may also want to watch:
9. Irani said that other political parties have found a way to associate everything with PM, but when the popularity index said that even today Modi and BJP will win the elections, all of them were dead silent.
10. She said that if Rahul Gandhi, Akhilesh, Dimple and all the young leaders want to come out and talk about women rights, she is ready to sit with them in UP without any audience and talk about these issues.