Vikas Jyoti Utsav: The BJP party plans to celebrate Diwali in UP villages that received power supply after 2014 i.e. after PM Narendra Modi assumed charge at Centre.
The festive season is already here. And, Diwali is just around the corner. Now, BJP in Uttar Pradesh has come up with a different plan to celebrate Diwali. The saffron party plans to celebrate Diwali in UP villages that received power supply after 2014 i.e. after PM Narendra Modi assumed charge at Centre, according to a report in The Indian Express. The important part to note here is that Chinese crackers will be completely off celebrations. BJP has named the celebratory plan as “Vikas Jyoti Utsav”. Here are key things to know about BJP’s Vikas Jyoti Utsav:-
– Five events will be organised by the party’s youth wing (BJYM) in each such village on October 18 from 5 pm to 7 pm.
– BJYM leaders will put up BJP flags on electricity poles and transformer setups in the villages and decorate them with rangoli.
– Diwali will be celebrated with the public in all those villages where electricity reached after the Modi government came to power.
– Power supply reached these villages 70 years after independence, hence 70 diyas will be lit in these villages, says Subrat Pathak, state president of BJP Yuva Morcha.
– The objective of Vikas Jyoti Utsav is to give message that the Modi government is working for development of all the areas that were neglected for 70 years, says Subrat Pathak
– During the Vikas Jyoti Utsav, the workers will also spread awareness about the schemes and achievements of both the Narendra Modi and Yogi Adityanath governments
– BJP workers have been asked to burst crackers in each village but also strictly told to not to use crackers from China and instead go for those ‘Made in India’
– Senior party leaders, local MLAs and ministers will be invited to these programmes.