Hours after the Karnataka government ordered the formation of a special investigation team (SIT) to probe allegations against JD(S) MP and Hassan candidate Prajwal Revanna in an alleged sex scandal involving multiple women, a fresh complaint was filed by the accused’s former house help on Sunday.

HD Revanna, father of the accused and a prominent JD(S) leader, was also implicated in the FIR. The case has been filed under Sections 354A, 354D, 506, and 509 of the IPC on charges of sexual harassment, intimidation, and outraging the dignity of a woman.

Also Read:Siddaramaiah orders SIT into alleged sex scandal of Hassan MP Prajwal Revanna, Congress stages protest

According to the complaint, the victim alleged that both HD Revanna and Prajwal Revanna sexually assaulted her. She further claimed that Prajwal Revanna made inappropriate advances and assaulted her when the accused’s wife was not present, ANI reported.

The house help has additionally accused Prajwal Revanna of behaving rudely towards her and misbehaving with her daughter during a video call. “My daughter blocked his number after repeated calls,” the complainant said.

Also Read:Amid row, Mohan Bhagwat says RSS supports reservation

The complainant, worried after the circulation of obscene video, decided to file a complaint.

HD Revanna, son of former Prime Minister and JD(S) supremo HD Deve Gowda, landed in controversy after objectionable videos purportedly involving him were circulated widely on social media just days ahead of polling in the constituency on April 26. However, Prajwal is learnt to have left the country and is currently in Germany.

Also Read:Delhi Police registers case after BJP flags Amit Shah’s doctored video on scrapping reservation

Prajwal Revanna is vying for a fresh term in the Lower House from Hassan as a candidate of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA), contesting against Congress’ Shreyas Patel.

The SIT, led by IPS officer Vijay Kumar Singh and comprising DG CID Suman D Pennekar and IPS officer Seema Latkar, has initiated an investigation into the case.

Also Read:‘Only resigned as Delhi Congress chief, not joining any political party’: Arvinder Singh Lovely

Earlier on Saturday, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah announced his decision to establish an SIT to investigate the issue through a post on X. “The government has decided to form a special investigation team in connection with Prajwal Revanna’s obscene video case. Obscene video clips are circulating in Hassan district, where it appears that women have been sexually assaulted.”

It further read, “In this background, the Chairperson of the Women’s Commission had written a letter to the government to conduct an SIT investigation. This decision has been taken in response to their request.”

On April 25, the Chairperson of the Women’s Commission requested Siddaramaiah to initiate an SIT probe after objectionable videos, allegedly involving the JD(S) legislator, began circulating on social media.

Meanwhile, JD(S) has welcomed the SIT probe. JD(S) core committee chairman and senior leader GT Devegowda mentioned that the party will convene a meeting to discuss further actions on the issue. “I don’t blame the government for announcing the SIT investigation. We will sit and decide what action needs to be taken over the issue of Prajwal Revanna. For now, I will just say that I welcome the SIT investigation,” Devegowda said.

On the flip side, , HD Kumaraswamy, the brother of Revanna and former chief minister, has opted to distance the party from the issue.”Deve Gowda and I have never disrespected any woman. The state government has ordered a SIT investigation, so let the report come out. We will not shield anyone. Let the truth come out,” he said.

Read Next