Barely a month after a six-year-old girl was brutalised, two separate incidents of rapes and brutality have shocked the state of Haryana again.
Barely a month after a six-year-old girl was brutalised, two separate incidents of rapes and brutality have shocked the state of Haryana again. In the first case, a 15-year-old school student was brutally assaulted and her private parts were mutiliated. The other case involves alleged rape and murder of a 11-year-old girl. As per police, the girl was abducted by two men when she had gone out of her house to throw garbage in the village dump yard. Two men, who lived in her neighbourhood, were arrested today for the crime. The police have initiated a high-level probe. Politicians have also started reacting over the issue.
Here are top things to know about the incidents:
– Two separate incidents of rape have taken place in Haryana. The first case has been reported from Jind, while the other has been reported from Faridabad district.
– In one of the two cases, body of the 15-year-old girl, who had been missing since last Tuesday after she left home for tuition classes, was found near a canal at Budha Khera village in Jind district’s Safidon town.
– The accused took the 15-year-old to a house where they allegedly raped and strangled her. They also allegedly burnt her clothes in a bid to destroy evidence.
– The girl belonged to a village in Kurukshetra district. She was brutally assaulted, an official said. Her private parts were mutilated and some of her vital organs had been ruptured, the official said. The girl was a Class 10 student, the police said.
– The other victim, an 11-year-old girl, was raped and killed in a village in Panipat district this morning.
– Two special investigation teams (SITs) under DSP-rank officers have been constituted to probe the incident. A hunt was on for the accused and a rape-and-murder case registered after a post-mortem report confirmed the assault.
– The two incidents come close on the heels of another incident last month, in which a six-year-old girl was violently raped and killed in Haryana’s Uklana area in Hisar district.
– The brutal rape of the six-year-old, and the recent savage incidents, are a stark reminder of the December 16, 2012, incident in Delhi. Just like the Nirbhaya inciedent, this time too the accused have brutalised the bodies of the women raped.
– Reactions: Former Haryana chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has said that there is a complete breakdown of law and order in the state, hours after two minor Dalit girls were allegedly raped and killed in separate incidents. Hooda said: “This government has failed on all fronts. The law and order situation has completely broken down. Children are neither safe in schools nor in their homes. Such heinous crimes are increasing, but the government seems to be in slumber,” he said.