Sikhs across the globe today are celebrating the 546th birthday of Guru Nanak Dev. Gurudwaras around the world are decorated in beautiful colours and lights.
Sikhs across the globe today are celebrating the 546th birthday of Guru Nanak Dev. Gurudwaras around the world are decorated in beautiful colours and lights. Believers, on this day attend ‘Katha’ session and listen to the teachings of Guru Nanak Dev, they sing hymns in the praise of their lord and also engage themselves in ‘sewa’ or service. Some people make ‘prasad’, some set up ‘chabeel’ or stalls and serve sweetened milk to people while some donate blankets and warm clothes to the needy on this day. All in all, this day is dedicated to Guru Nanak Dev’s lessons of love, peace and service. Guru Nanak Dev believed that everybody is equal; he condemned discrimination on the basis of caste, creed or religion. People, on this day remember the holy teachings of Guru Nanak Dev and cherish his birth day. Here are 10 Facebook,
As humans, we often forget the basic teachings of Guru Nanak. Let’s remember him on this day and take a vow to not let evil thoughts over power us again.Guru Nanak Dev ji taught us to love, to help the one in need, to not discriminate among people and to always be kind to one another.Wishing you a very happy Guru Nanak Dev Jayanti. Whatsapp statuses and messages for this auspicious day.
1. May the holy teachings of Guru Nanak show you the path of enlightenment. May Guru Nanak Dev ji shower you with his blessings.
2. I wish you and your family a very happy Guru Nanak Jayanti. May this day brings lots of luck and prosperity and may his blessings always be with you.
3. On this auspicious day, let’s thank Guru Nanak Dev ji for bringing us closer to the reality of God. Happy Guru Nanak Dev Jayanti!
4. On Guru Nanak Jayanti, may Waheguru fulfil all your wishes and instil you with positive energy. May he shower you with love and joy. Wishing you a very prosperous life.
5. Guru Nanak’s teaches us to remain down to earth irrespective of our social status, he teaches to devote ourselves to Gurbani not only when we’re in trouble but also when we’re at peace. On this occasion of Guru Nanak Dev’s birthday, let’s take a vow to never let worldly pleasures overpower us and to never ignore the real mission of human life, that is to live in peace and harmony with each other.
— ANI (@ANI_news) November 14, 2016
7. May Guru Nanak destroy the sorrows of the world and replace them with brotherhood, peace and love. May his teachings inspire his followers to sow the seeds of joy and put an end to the misery of the world.
8. Wish you and your family a very happy Gurpurab. May you get what you deserve and may your golden days never end.
9. Let’s shed the layer of negativity and bring in to practise the teachings of Guru Nanak Dev ji. Let’s follow one God, on goal and one one way.
10. Let’s remember Guru Nanak ji on this day and thank him for showing us the path. There wouldn’t be any war if everybody followed the teachings of Guru Nanak ji. Wishing you, your family and friends a very happy Gurupurab.