Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh verdict fallout: The violence unleashed by Dera Sacha Sauda followers have killed 36 people as tense situation still prevailed in Haryana.
Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh verdict fallout: The violence unleashed by Dera Sacha Sauda followers have killed 36 people as tense situation still prevailed in Haryana. A CBI court in Panchkula will announce the quantum of punishment against Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh on Monday in connection with a decade old rape case. Security has been increased in Haryana, Punjab and other parts of northern India which had witnessed a wave of violence on Friday after Ram Rahim Singh was held guilty by the Panchkula court. Meanwhile, Punjab and Haryana government has come down heavily on the central and state governments, saying, “National integration and law and order are above everything. We are one nation, not a party nation. Politicians need to understand that the nation is one. It is the Prime Minister of India, not BJP. It is the Chief Minister of the state, not BJP. You (Satya Pal Jain) are Additional Solicitor General of India, not of any party”.
Here top 10 developments so far
1. Dera Sacha Sauda chief is in Rohtak district jail which will also be the place of sitting of the CBI Court of Additional District and Sessions Judge, Panchkula on Monday. From the jail he will pronounce the quantum of punishment. It has been learnt that the judge will be transported by air to the jail, according to Indian Express report.
2. The Manohar Lal Khattar government in Haryana had sealed over 30 congregation centres of the Dera Sacha Sauda across the state.
Watch this video
3. Four rifles, including an AK-47, pistols and petrol bombs were among the weapons seized from the supporters of Ram Rahim Singh. Apart from it two cases of sedition were also registered against Dera followers.
4. Meanwhile, in tough action, the Haryana government suspended Ashok Kumar, the Deputy Commissioner of Police in Panchkula, alleging that his “defective” prohibitory orders allowed the Dera Sacha Sauda supporters to flock to the district.
5. The situation in Haryana remained tense but under control even as the state government said there was no report of fresh violence in the state today.
6. It will be crucial test for state authorities to prevent any untoward incidents tomorrow.
7. The Army had said it has no immediate plan of entering Dera Sacha Sauda sect headquarters in Sirsa and that it has been focusing on maintaining law and order.
8. The state government also had terminated the services of DAG Gurdas Salwara on the recommendations of Advocate General Baldev Raj Mahajan.
9. The Punjab government had informed the court that “there have been as many as 51 incidents in Punjab and 39 FIRs have been registered; besides, 19 miscreants have been arrested, including one Gurdev Singh, who is a state-level office-bearer of Dera Sacha Sauda.”
10. “We have recovered one AK 47 rifle and one Mauser (rifle) from the vehicle of a Dera follower and two rifles and five pistols from another vehicle during the operations,” Police official was quoted, as per reports. As many as 552 persons have been arrested in connection with the violence and further investigations are underway, he added.