Gujarat Municipal, Gram Panchayat election result 2018 LIVE: BJP leads, Congress second; counting for Gujarat civic elections 2018 is on. The BJP has also won in Vadnagar nagarpalika. It had lost from here in last year's assembly elections.
Gujarat Municipal, Gram Panchayat election results 2018 LIVE updates: Counting of votes in Gujarat civic elections 2018 is on. The BJP has taken a big lead in the municipal election results as per the latest reports. The voting for 74 municipalities in 22 districts of the state took place on 17 February. In the last civic body elections in 2013, BJP had won 59 Nagar Palikas out of 74. Some of the big municipal bodies that went to polls were: Dhawatka in Ahmedabad, Sanand, Rapar, Kheda Chaklasi, Mahmadabad, Dakor, Kheda, Mahudha, Gandhinagar Mansa, Jamnagar Dhrol, Jamjodpur, Kalavad, Gir Somnath Kodinar, Junagadh’s Mangrol, Manavadar, Bantwa in Junagadh, Chorwad and Visavadar, Jafrabad in Amreli, Rajula, Chalaya, Lathi, Anand’s Karamsad, Vallabh Vidhya Nagar, Ankalav, Borivali, Ode, Bhachau in Kutch.
Two district Panchayats also went to polls along with 17 Taluka Panchayats and 1423 Gram Panchayats. For the first time in around 10 years, Congress party contests local body elections on its symbol. The counting today started at 9 am. The result of the gram panchayat elections will be out by the afternoon. Out of 1423 Gram Panchayats that went to polls on 17 February, villagers chose their ‘sarpanchs’ unanimously in 295 panchayats. Hence they were declared ‘Samras’.
- Congress has turned a laboratory of political hypocrisy during pandemic period: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- 'Ramping up testing will frighten people': Rahul Gandhi quotes bureaucrats during conversation with Harvard health expert
- Maharashtra: CM Uddhav Thackeray on shaky ground as murmurs of rift within MVA grow, Sharad Pawar takes centrestage
Check Gujarat Municipality, Gram Panchayat result 2018 LIVE updates:
BJP has won 47 municipalities; Congress 16
– Sonangarh Nagar Palika of Tapi: BJP wins with 21 seats, Congress gets 7
– Vanthali municipality:
– Rapar Nagar Palika in Kutch: BJP wins
– Vidyanagar Nagar Palika in Anand: BJP wins
– Talaja Nagar Palika in Bhavnagar: BJP wins
– Chalala in Amreli: BJP wins
– Batva Nagar Palika: BJP wins
– Dhrol Nagar Palika: BJP wins
– Porbandar Nagar Palika: BJP wins, NCP second
– Sanand Nagar Palika: BJP wins
– Dwarka Nagar Palika: BJP wins for the record fifth time
– Ahmedabad Nagar Palika: BJP gets 17 out of 28 seats.
– Gir Somnath, Kodinar Nagar Palika: BJP wins
– Tharad municipality of Banaskantha: BJP wins 12, Congress 8, independents 8
– Lunawada Nagar Palika: Congress wins
– Halol Nagar Palika: BJP wins
– Dhandhuka Nagar Palika: BJP wins
– Rajula Nagar Palika of Amreli: Congress wins
– Chhaya municipal corporation of Porbandar: BJP wins.
– Upleta Nagar Palika of Rajkot: BJP wins
- BJP has so far won 1173 Nagar Palika seats, Congress just 617.
– Vadnagar, Kheralu, and Vijapur Nagar Palikas in Mehsana district: BJP wins.
– Zalod Nagar Palika in Zalod district: Congress wins.
– Karjan Nagar Palika: BJP wins 18 out of 28 seats; Rashtriya Samajpaksh – 08; Congress – 1; Others- 1
– Santrampur Nagar Palika: BJP wins in 14 seats; Congress in five wards.
– Balasinor Nagar Palika: BJP wins 14 wards; Congress 9; Samajwadi Party 4; NCP – 1
– Kheralu Nagarpalika: BJP wins with 16 out of 24 seats; NCP gets 2 seats; others – 06
– Radhanpur municipality in district Patan: Congress wins
– Dhandhuka Nagar Palika in district Ahmedabad: Congress wins 13 out of 28, BJP just 9.
– Kalavad and Jamjodhpur municipalities in district Jamnagar: BJP wins
– Karamsad Municipality in district Jheda: BJP WINS! all three
– In PM Narendra Modi’s hometown Vadnagar, BJP has won 27 out of 28 seats.
– BJP retains Gadhda municipality in district Botad and Dwarka municipality in Devbhumi Dwarka.
– Congress wins Rajul municipality in district Amreli. Congress gets 27 out of 28 seats of the municipality.
– Out of 74, BJP is leading in 45 municipal bodies, Congress 25. If the trend continues, BJP may end up losing control in a number of municipal bodies that it had won in 2013.
– After assembly election snare at the hands of Congress, BJP appears to have maintained its sway over the voters in PM Modi’s home state.
– BJP is leading in 39 municipalities, while the Congress is leading in 326 seats out of 74 nagarpalikas
– Good news for BJP! M0di-Shah’s party has won Vadnagar nagarpalika after losing here in the last year’s assembly elections. Vadnagar in district Mehsana is the hometown of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The saffron party has won in important municipalities like Jasdan, Rapar, Kheralu, Sanand and Vidyanagar.