​​​
  1. Government to provide Rs 6000 to pregnant & lactating women

Government to provide Rs 6000 to pregnant & lactating women

To ensure pregnant and lactating mothers attains optimal nutritional status, Government will provide cash incentive of Rs 6000 for the wage loss so that the woman can take adequate rest before and after delivery and also to improve her health and nutrition during the period.

By: | New Delhi | Published: January 3, 2017 10:40 PM
pregnant, lactating, mothers, nutritional status, incentive, Ministry of Women and Child Development, National Food Security Act, Maternity Benefit Programme, WCD, DBT, MBP, Narendra Modi, Prime Minister, IMR, NER To ensure pregnant and lactating mothers attains optimal nutritional status, Government will provide cash incentive of Rs 6000 for the wage loss. (Reuters)

To ensure pregnant and lactating mothers attains optimal nutritional status, Government will provide cash incentive of Rs 6000 for the wage loss so that the woman can take adequate rest before and after delivery and also to improve her health and nutrition during the period.

The Ministry of Women and Child Development, in accordance with the provisions of Section 4(b) of National Food Security Act, formulated a scheme for pregnant and lactating mothers called Maternity Benefit Programme – a conditional cash transfer scheme.

“The Scheme provides cash incentives to pregnant and lactating women for the wage loss so that they can take adequate rest before and after delivery; to improve her health and nutrition during the period of pregnancy and lactation and to breastfeed the child during the first six months of the birth, which is very vital for the development of the child,” said a statement issued by WCD.

Under the scheme, all pregnant women and lactating mothers excluding the those who are in regular employment with the Central Government or State Governments or public sector undertakings, are eligible.

The cash incentive of Rs 6,000 will be paid in three instalments for the first two live births at the stages of early registration of pregnancy, at the time of institutional delivery and 3 months after delivery if the child birth is registered, child has received BCG vaccination and has received OPV and DPT-1 & 2.

The cash transfer would be Aadhaar linked through the individual bank or post office account in DBT mode.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in his address to the nation on December 31 had announced pan-India expansion of MBP in all the districts with effect from January 1.

It is expected that annually about 51.70 lakh beneficiaries would avail of the benefit.

“Expansion of MBP will have huge impact on pregnant women and lactating mothers as it will not only provide them compensation for the wage loss but will also provide them adequate nutrition and rest before and after delivery.

“Mothers will have sufficient time to breastfeed the child during first six months of the birth. Resultantly, it is expected that it will reduce mother mortality rate, IMR, under-nutrition and its adverse effects,” the statement said.

It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme and the cost sharing between Centre and States is 60:40 for all the States and UTs (with legislature), 90:10 for NER and Himalayan States and 100 per cent GoI share for UTs without legislatures.

The total cost of the proposal for the balance period of 2016-17 and from 2017-18 to 2019-20 including Centre and State share is expected to be Rs 12,661.00 crore.

Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

1. Bharat Meghnani
    Feb 28, 2018 at 10:12 pm
    Hello Good Evening Sir/Madam My self Bharat Meghnani I am a resident of Balotra ( Barmer District) on june 21,2017. I got a girl. I have not received the amount received after delivery.I got only two installment in october month. whose amount is 2500 and 1000.All of my document have been correctly deposited by me but the amount i had to get on time has not happened so far.I request you to try to get me my money as soon as possible.I will be grateful to you. I am mailing to you some of my documents such as bank statement so that you can verify and Discharge card. Regards:- Bharat Meghnani 77,meghwalo ka vas ward no.25 Balotra (Raj) District :- Barmer Contact Number:- 9414689216
    1. Rekha Lad-Salvi
      Feb 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
      i have delivered a baby girl on 16 May'2017 but still the amount is not credited in my account. All the paper work is completed will i was in hospital. i have asked many times in hospital for the money but they always told me that it will come in account.
        Ramanchopra
        Dec 11, 2017 at 5:37 pm
        How to apply????????
        1. L
          Laksh
          Dec 1, 2017 at 12:24 pm
          Duties with irresponsibility.. I hv tried several times but the result is waste of time and money
          1. Y
            Yogesh Kumar Sharma
            Nov 30, 2017 at 3:55 pm
            How and where we can proceed this maternity program to get benefit recently born girl.kindly advised.
            1. G
              Gopal Ghatak
              Nov 24, 2017 at 2:23 pm
              How to Aply to get this benefit? Or where to apply? This is not clear from the statement above.
                Rinku sharma
                Nov 22, 2017 at 8:12 am
                hi i born baby girl in govt Delhi hospital i did't get any benefit for my baby i just want know whats process for getting benefit plz emailed me for the same
                  Rajinder
                  Oct 29, 2017 at 7:59 pm
                  We have not received any amount yet please tell how to apply
                    Rajinder
                    Oct 29, 2017 at 7:51 pm
                    We have not recived any amount how to apply please tell sir
                    1. F
                      Fouzia
                      Oct 16, 2017 at 1:30 pm
                      No replys yet. I need to know can i apply for this scheem, this is my 4th pregnancy. Is it possible. Or it is only for the first two pregnancies. Ok any ways if im eligible for this scheme il proceed if not il stay back. Please let me know soon. Thank you.
                      1. F
                        Fouzia
                        Oct 16, 2017 at 1:24 pm
                        Fourth pregnancy is this scheme possible
                        1. F
                          Fouzia
                          Oct 16, 2017 at 1:20 pm
                          Is this scheme benifit for the fourth pregnancy. I need to know.
                          1. swamy cs
                            Oct 4, 2017 at 1:23 am
                            How t
                            1. swamy cs
                              Oct 4, 2017 at 1:22 am
                              How to aply
                                mahesh kumar parmar
                                Jul 8, 2017 at 7:30 pm
                                Is that any Bank specifications for this facilities cheque issuing. Because at our place hospital person ask for only sbi and boi banks only. Mobile number. 9694647011
                                  Athira. N.A
                                  Jul 1, 2017 at 7:43 pm
                                  Sir, My name Athira w/o Suraj. R.my delivery date is 24/04/2017 from Meenangadi govt hospital in Kerala. I have not get 6000 rupees.Kindly look into the matter. Please help. Thank you
                                    sabita maurya
                                    Jun 21, 2017 at 8:30 pm
                                    sir My name is Sabita maurya w/o kamlesh maurya and my delevery date 22/03 /2017 in Ashapur gaurment hospital I have been submitted do ents in the hospital but till this date is have not get Rs 6000 the medical staff reply that the scheme haslaunch but no prowid in this hospital kindly look into the matter please
                                      sabita maurya
                                      Jun 21, 2017 at 8:59 pm
                                      Sir My name is Sabita maurya w/o kamlesh maurya and my delevery date 22/03 /2017 in Cholaapur gaurment hospital I have been submitted do ents in the hospital but till this date is have not get Rs 6000 the medical staff reply that the scheme haslaunch but no prowid in this hospital kindly look into the matter please
                                    2. Vijay Patil
                                      Jun 20, 2017 at 4:36 pm
                                      If baby is born in private hospital, then it is eligible?
                                        jagadevi
                                        Jun 17, 2017 at 8:20 am
                                        Plz help me how to clim this banefits
                                          moyna das
                                          Jun 13, 2017 at 4:32 pm
                                          what doing apply for my pragnancy goverment benifit??
                                            moyna das
                                            Jun 13, 2017 at 4:29 pm
                                            my name is moyna das. my husbant is dipankar das . i am now pragnancy. i give me goverment benifit.