In his address to the media today, newly appointed Army Chief General Bipin Rawat spoke about the ongoing controversy in which CRPF, BSF and other security personnel have taken to the social media to air their grievances
In his address to the media today, newly appointed Army Chief General Bipin Rawat spoke about the ongoing controversy in which CRPF, BSF and other security personnel have taken to the social media to air their grievances. Gen Rawat said that personnel must not put their complaints on social networks and instead use the existing official channels including complaints boxes provided for this very reason in all camps. He also went to the extent of saying that jawans can send their grievances directly to him and he will personally look into them and take suitable action. General Rawat also made his views known about relationship with Pakistan and the state of preparedness of Indian armed forces. In his speech, while talking about Jawan’s multiple complaints he said that its important that the problems are raised internally.
Talking about trust deficit and threats from the Army which the Jawan has been getting he said there should never be a breakdown in communication and Jawans must communicate their problems. Talking about surgical strikes and whether it will be conducted ever again in future, he said that we want peace and tranquality at the border and we will offer that, however, if the offer is not reciprocated then this method of execution of operations will continue.
1) Army Chief General Bipin Rawat talking about BSF Jawan’s video: Whoever wants to complain about anything can complain to me directly
2) Try to raise the issue internally rather than going public
3) Grievances boxes are placed in Army headquarters and other commands, whoever wants to complain can also put the complaint in the complaint box. We will address the issue.
4) If the jawan is unsatisfied with the action taken, he can choose other ways of raising his issues.
5) We will investigate the matter if needed, jawans must approach the authorities
6) We have conventinal threats that we have to deal with.
7) Schools and colleges in Kashmir must function, tourism must be supported. Kashmir is called heaven on earth, why don’t we let it remain so.
8) There is a need to expand combat weaponry.
9) Pakistan has given assurance that Chandu Chavan is with him. These are procedures in soldier repatriations and it’ll be followed.
10) Terrorism and proxy war are causes of concern for India.