Prajapati and his kins own a property of above Rs 1,000 crores. However, until 2002, Prajapati was below poverty line card holder.
The tale of Gayatri Prajapati is well-known to people by now. The tainted-Samajwadi neta, who is facing serious allegations of rape and sexual assault, has a very interesting history behind. As per various reports, Prajapati and his kins own a property of above Rs 1,000 crores. However, until 2002, Prajapati was below poverty line card holder. Here are certain things to be known about Prajapati’s sudden rise:
1) Prajapati came to limelight in 2011. Senior Samajwadi Party leader Ram Gopal Yadav announced that Prajapati has donated Rs 25 lakh to the party.
2) Gayatri Prajapati, who has secured the Samajwadi Party ticket to contest from contentious Amethi seat, was a BPL card holder in 2002. But now his assets are worth Rs 1000 crore.
3) However, the figure of Rs 1,000 crore is based on various media reports. Prajapati has only declared assets of Rs 1.83 crore in his election affidavit.
Also Read | Gayatri Prajapati Demands NARCO Test
4) Dainik Bhaskar reports that there are 13 companies registered in the name of Prajapati’s close aides and relatives. His two sons, brother and nephew are directors in all these companies.
5) There are seven companies registered in the name of his driver. Prajapati’s son Anurag was once accused of raping a minor last year. The SP leader and his kins total assets reportedly amount at Rs 942.5 crore.
6) In his current affidavit to the Election Commission, Prajapati has declared only Rs 10 crore property. The annual turnover of 13 companies linked to him is between Rs 10-100 crores, while his driver, Ramraj and a close woman have assets worth more than Rs 50 crore.
7) Gayatri was very close to Mulayam Singh Yadav, who has now been dethroned by his son and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. His candidature from the Amethi seat on SP was also contested by the ally Congress party, he was still given the ticket.