After starting '#IWearHandloom' campaign, which became a hit on Twitter, Smriti Irani has now come up with a different thing. This time a Handloom quiz on MyGov portal.
Smriti Irani doesn’t fail to surprise. Union Cabinet Minister of Textiles, after starting ‘#IWearHandloom’ campaign, which became a hit on Twitter has now come up with a different thing. This time a Handloom quiz on MyGov portal. Aimed at bringing an awareness of the handloom tradition and its vastness apart from its role in economic development and upliftment of people in rural areas who are engaged in this as a profession, this quiz also reflects the efforts being taken by the Ministry for the holistic development of the sector. Some of the questions are “What is the authorised capital of the National Hand-loom Development Corporation?”, “How many Indian Institute of Hand-loom Technology are there?” , “How many mega clusters have been setup under the Comprehensive Hand-loom Cluster Development Scheme?” etc.
Before this quiz, In an attempt to encourage support for weavers, the minister shared a picture of herself dressed in a handwoven silk saree from Bihar, hashtagged #IWearHandloom on Monday. Starting a social media campaign, Irani has urged people to follow suit and share pictures of themselves in handloom textiles, tagging five others. “Indian handlooms symbolise India’s heritage & culture. Wear it to carry on our rich tradition and support 43 lakh weavers & their families,” Irani tweeted, before sharing her photo.
Also READ: ‘#IWearHandloom’ trends on Twitter after Smriti Irani’s post, politicians, celebs, sportspersons follow suit
- 'Tragedy unfolding in country': Rahul Gandhi lashes out at Narendra Modi government over farm laws
- Uttar Pradesh MLC Election: Former IAS officer Arvind Kumar Sharma among 10 candidates fielded by BJP
- Republic Day 2021: No chief guest to first woman fighter pilot, know what makes 72nd R-day celebrations unique
These are some of the points that one needs to keep in mind before attempting the quiz:
- This is a timed quiz with 10 questions to be answered in 3 minutes.
- These twenty questions will be randomly picked from the question bank.
- Winners will be adjudged on the basis of maximum number of correct answers.
- In case of multiple participants having given same number of correct answers, the participant who takes least time to complete the quiz will be adjudged the winner.
- You can skip a tough question and come back to it later.
- The quiz will start as soon as you click the ‘Start Quiz’ button.
— Smriti Z Irani (@smritiirani) August 5, 2016
The first 1000 participants who complete the Handloom Quiz will receive a surprise discount voucher. Every hour, two winners will be announced who will get a special gift hamper. Happy quizzing!