Kick-starting Congress party’s Gujarat state assembly elections campaign on Monday, Rahul Gandhi vowed to’ fight with full force and defeat BJP’ – this comes in the wake of Congress losing almost all assembly and other elections that have been held so far except in Punjab. Yesterday, while launching the poll campaign in Dedipada, a tribal dominated area of Gujarat, Gandhi accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of not listening to the people’s expression of their pain. He said, “The Congress will fight this election with full force and defeat Narendra Modi and the BJP here,” PTI quoted him as saying. From Prime Ministers ‘Mann ki Baat’ to ‘Demonetisation’, Rahul Gandhi took every opportunity to take a dig at Narendra Modi. Here are 5 instances of his hard-hitting speech:
– Saying that a Congress government, if it is elected, will uppend PM Modi’s Mann ki Baat. He said that PM believes in prescribing and not listening. On the other hand, he said that, “The Congress does not believe in just telling its own ‘Mann ki Baat,’ we believe in listening to the people. When our government is formed here, we will listen to the people first and then work accordingly.”
– Pointing at the development plans of the Modi government, he said that the PM was only good at coming up with slogans like ‘Make In India’ and ‘Shining India’ but was unable to change the ground reality of Gujarat or any other state.
– Talking about demonetisation, he said that note ban was only a way to showcase his power. He further went on to say that “The PM scrapped the currency notes just to make people realise how powerful he is. He wanted to convey that he has the power to make the entire country stand in queue. When people asked questions, he told them to just listen to his Mann ki Baat on ‘Make in India,’ ‘Shining India’.”
You may also like to watch:
– Taking a dig at PM’s biennial investors’ summit ‘Vibrant Gujarat’, he said “No community benefited from Vibrant Gujarat, which was just a marketing tool. It only benefited 10-15 persons, who give money for such marketing. At present these 10-15 persons are ruling Gujarat. I will not take their names as you already know them.”
– Accusing Modi of not fulfilling his pre-poll promises he said that the vow of creating 2 crore jobs has not been fulfilled instead only one lakh people were employed last year.”Ahead of the Lok Sabha polls, Modi ji promised to create two crore jobs every year. The latest figures clearly suggest that only one lakh people were given employment last year. This year, no one was given employment.”