Security forces stormed into the sprawling base Dera Sacha Sauda headquarters in Sirsa, Haryana, many startling revelations were made apart from the seizure of illegal items and Gurmeet Ram Rahim's "plastic currency".
As the security forces stormed into the sprawling base of jailed Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh’s headquarters in Sirsa, Haryana, many startling revelations were made apart from the seizure of illegal items and Gurmeet Ram Rahim’s “plastic currency”. Before the launch of the search operations, ‘Sach Kahoon’ mouthpiece of Dera Sacha Sauda admitted that skeletons were buried at the premises, as per CNN News 18. Meanwhile, a large amount of cash including banned currency, hard discs and computers were seized during today’s raid. Security forces have also sealed two rooms in the Dera. Ram Rahim, the “Guru of Bling”, is known for his luxurious lifestyle and “rockstar godman” image. He was jailed for 20 years last week after he was convicted of raping two followers.
Here are the 10 things about this shocking story you must know:
1. Security forces found “Gurmeet Ram Rahim’s plastic currency” in markets apart from the banned currency notes in the Dera. The massive raid was conducted by 41 Paramilitary companies, 4 Army columns, Police of 4 districts, one SWAT team, one dog squad and bomb squad, ANI reported. 50 videographers and more than a dozen locksmiths, were also taken with the raiding team, as per NDTV.
Haryana: Found in markets near Dera Sacha Sauda’s Headquarter in Sirsa-“Gurmeet Ram Rahim’s plastic currency” pic.twitter.com/ZwhlJtSl70
— ANI (@ANI) September 8, 2017
2. The Dera, spread over two campuses one 600 acres while another is spread on 100 acres of land. Keeping in mind all the luxuries of the chief and his visitors, stadium, a hospital, educational institutions, luxury resort, bungalows, and markets are also built inside the Dera.
3. The pink building Gufa (cave), a secret place, where Ram Rahim used to stay and where no one was allowed inside, is spread over in an area of nearly 100 acres. It is also alleged that women were raped in that Gufa. Security forces have also searched the cave, as per NDTV.
4. The Dera was a shelter for many people and sect followers, who permanently were residing and work under Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh.
5. The Dera campus also houses wonders of the world– Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal– and Kremlin, Disney World. The resort also has big poster of Ram Rahim in every corner, reports NDTV.
— ANI (@ANI) September 8, 2017
6. Deputy director Satish Mehra said: “The Dera people are cooperating, for now, we have enough people and we will take a call in the evening as to what time we’ll continue the operation,” as per CNN NEWS 18.
7. During the raids, no one is permitted to come out of Dera campus. Only officers on duty can come and go. Some of the parents whose sons and daughters study at Dera schools/colleges were also stuck inside the premises. Police sources say some 700-800 people still inside Dera campus, as per First Post.
Watch the video here:
8. A number of former followers of the sect have leveled complaints against Dera chief. Except for the self-styled godman and some of his closest aides, no one was allowed to the enter the “gufa”.
9. Earlier this week, Sirsa Sadar police SHO Dinesh Kuma said: “A total of 33 licensed arms including single barrel, double barrel guns and 9 mm pistols have been deposited by Dera followers.”
10. Before the raids, Haryana police chief BS Sandhu said: “The Dera premises is a huge area and it will take time to complete the entire process, as per NDTV.
During the raids that are currently being conducted, the media has not been allowed inside by authorities. There is a complete ban on news coverage in the area.