A fire today broke out at a flat inside the Himalaya building near Flora hotel in Worli, fire brigade official said.
A fire broke out at a flat inside the 10-storey residential Himalaya building near Flora hotel in Worli, Mumbai on Sunday evening. The blaze erupted at around 4:50 pm inside a closed flat on the fifth floor in the ground plus ten-floor residential building. As of now, no casualties have been reported, as per the PTI source. Meanwhile after the civic body’s disaster management department received a call regarding the disaster, fire brigade engines reached the spot to douse the blaze. Eight fire tenders and five water tankers were pressed into service to extinguish the fire, officials said. An ambulance was also sent to Himalaya building.
As per the fire officials, the reason behind the fire could have been due to a short circuit. The chief fire officer, PS Rahangdale, was quoted by HT as saying, “The fire was confined to electric wing, electric installation and household articles in the locked flat.” Meanwhile, the fire is now under control, the cooling process is underway, as reported by ANI.
(More details awaited)