Facebook has just announced that a new feature is rolling out for Facebook Messenger users in the US. Users will be able to, for free, send and receive money from other Messenger friends.
Here are 6 steps to make the feature work:
To receive money:
1. Open the conversation from your friend
2. Tap Add Card in the message
3. Add your debit card to accept money
To send money:
1. Start a message with a friend
2. Tap the $ icon and enter the amount you want to send
3. Tap Pay in the top right and add your debit card to send money
The money is transferred immediately, but like with other payment services, it may take a few days before the money will appear in your account.