Around 80 people complained of irritation in their eyes after being allegedly exposed to high resolution halogen lamps during a meeting of their community in Chhattisgarh’s Rajnandgaon district, officials said today. However, the condition of all of them was reported to be normal, they said. “Nearly 80 people complained of irritation in their eyes at Pailimeta village under Chhuikhadan development block after attending a meeting of their community throughout the night on February 5,” Rajnandgaon Collector Bhim Singh said. At least 500 people, belonging to Kalaar community, from 40 villages of the development block had attended the meeting. When they woke up in the morning, most of them complained of irritation, redness and watering in their eyes, he said. “Subsequently, they were admitted to hospitals in Gandai and Chhuikhadan. After getting information, a team of doctors and ophthalmologists immediately rushed to spot,” Singh said, adding that their condition was said to be out of danger. A local health official said it seems that the villagers were exposed to high resolution halogen lights for long time which might have affected their eyes. The exact cause behind the incident was being ascertained, the official said.