As opposition continues to attack the government in both houses of Parliament over the currency ban, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday asked the people to directly convey their views to him on demonetisation via his App.
In the wake of the huge outcry over his move to ban the Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes on November 8 that led to huge lines forming before ATMs and banks and which allegedly caused over 60 deaths of people standing in these lines thereafter, PM Modi has said that this will help the poor, the middle and lower classes in the long run as well as strengthen the Indian economy. However, with the opposition crying foul that the decision has been implemented in a very faulty manner and that the move was leaked beforehand to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), PM Modi has unveiled a survey in his NaMo app that asks 10 direct questions so as to leave no scope for any discrepancies. It is now for the digitally enabled Indian citizens to take to their smartphones and computers and answer these questions and to let the PM know whether he was right or wrong. Others, who are less fortunate, who do not have access to these gadgets, will sadly not be able to express their opinions. Here are the 10 questions posed by the Prime Minister:
1. Do you think that black money exists in India?
2. Do you think the evil of corruption and black money needs to be fought and eliminated?
3. Overall, what do you think about the Government’s moves to tackle black money?
4. What do you think of the Modi Government’s efforts against corruption so far?
5. What do you think of the Modi Government’s move of banning old Rs 500 & Rs 1000 notes?
6. Do you think demonetisation will help in curbing black money, corruption & terrorism?
7. Demonetisation will bring real estate, higher education, healthcare in the common man’s reach?
8. Did you mind the inconvenience faced in our fight to curb corruption, black money, terrorism and counterfeiting of currency?
9. Do you believe some anti-corruption activists are now actually fighting in support of black money, corruption & terrorism?
10. Do you have any suggestions, ideas or insights you would like to share with PM Narendra Modi?