A case has been registered against two operators of an NGO that supplied mid day meals contaminated with a dead rat due to which nine children at a Delhi government school fell ill after eating the food, police said.
A case has been registered against two operators of an NGO that supplied mid day meals contaminated with a dead rat due to which nine children at a Delhi government school fell ill after eating the food, police said. An FIR has been registered against operators of Jan Chetna Jagriti Evam Shaikshik Vikas Manch, K P Singh and Sanjay Malik, under Sections 273 (sale of noxious food or drink) and 336 (act endangering life or personal safety of others) on the complaint of Girirraj Singh Sharma, principal of Government Boys’ Senior Secondary School in Deoli, said a senior police officer. “We have sent the food samples for test and are awaiting medical reports of the affected children to move forward. Further sections could be added and more people may be booked if needed. No one has been arrested so far,” said the officer.
The FIR was registered late last night at Sangam Vihar police station. The school principal in his complaint said that ‘puri-sabzi’ supplied by Jan Chetna Jagriti Evam Shaikshik Vikas Manch was given to the children around 4 PM and a “dead rat” was found while serving curry (sabzi) to a student Raj Kumar. Nine children had headaches and colic ache after eating the meal. They were rushed to Madan Mohan Malviya hospital in Malviya Nagar where they were treated and declared out of danger by doctors.
Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia visited the children at the hospital. The school principal also alleged that Malik and his associates who were present at the school ran away carrying the remaining food, police said. All the concerned persons in the matter have been instructed to join the investigation and refrain from leaving Delhi unless permitted to do so, added the officer.