Deepotsav in Ayodhya: As many as one lakh and seventy-one thousand earthen lamps will glow on the banks of river Saryu today.
Deepotsav in Ayodhya: As many as one lakh and seventy-one thousand earthen lamps will glow on the banks of river Saryu as Uttar Pradesh government aims to create a world record today. Moreover, the heritage of this temple town will be on full display when Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath will join the mega event – ‘Deepotsav’.
During the event, the celebratory atmosphere witnessed in Ayodhya on Lord Rama’s return along with wife Sita and brother Lakshman, after victory over Ravana narrated in the epic Ramayana, will be created. PTI reported Principal Secretary, Tourism, Awanish Awasthi, as saying that a series of programmes have been scheduled to celebrate Diwali in the pilgrim town.
During a recent visit to Varanasi, UP governor Ram Naik had that Ayodhya, despite being an ancient cultural and religious destination, has faced neglect and now both the state and the Centre were trying to restore its glory. While noting that Diwali is celebrated to mark the return of Lord Rama to Ayodhya after winning a war in Lanka, Naik had said the state government wants to portray the same scene. “I believe, and you can imagine, that those who visit Ayodhya, whether they are domestic or foreign tourists, all carry a wish to see Lord Rama there. We hope the government will work keeping all these aspects in mind,” the governor was quoted as saying by PTI.
— CM Office, GoUP (@CMOfficeUP) October 17, 2017
Here are all details of the “Deepotsav” in Ayodhya:
- “Deepotsav” will be organised on the ‘Ram Ki Paidi’ where 1.71 lakh earthen lamps will be lit.
- All prominent buildings and ghats of the temple town will be illuminated to attract tourists. Awasthi said the objective of the entire programme will be to promote Ayodhya, the birthplace of Lord Rama, as a tourist destination.
- A heritage walk, a ‘yatra’ reminiscing the return of Lord Ram to Ayodhya, and the launch of several schemes by the chief minister and other dignitaries will be part of the programme.
- A grand “aarti” of River Saryu will also be performed by Chief Minister Adityanath and Governor Ram Naik followed by a laser show.
- A Ramlila will be staged by artistes from Indonesia and Thailand.
- A chopper decorated as the mythological ‘Pushpak Viman’, will descend on Ram Katha Park with artistes decked up to resemble Lord Ram, Sita and Laxman.
- A 22-minute laser show with special sound effects on Ramayana will be the major attraction during the mega event at Ram Katha Park, Awasthi said.