‘Harry Potter’ star Daniel Radcliffe says he fell sick after he drank water, which contained antifreeze, on the sets of his film ‘Horns’.
The 25-year-old actor found himself bed-ridden after drinking the water, Radcliffe recalled the incident in an interview with Conan O’Brien.
“It is very cold in Canada and as a solution to that, because they don’t want the water to freeze in the pipes in the trailers overnight, they put antifreeze in it.
“So it’s all non-potable water that comes out of the tap. I did not know that, so I drank a full cup of non-potable water, so I guess like half-antifreeze or whatever it would have been.”
Looking stunned, O’Brien replied: “That can kills you! You drank a glass of water mixed with antifreeze!”
Radcliffe added, “Yeah but I didn’t realise, and then I got horrendously ill and didn’t know why I had become so ill, and a couple of weeks later I went to drink a glass of water in hair and makeup and they were like, ‘What are you doing? Don’t do that. That is crazy. You can’t drink that water’.