Bullet train in India: Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe have laid the foundation stone for the Mumbai Ahmedabad high-speed rail project.
Bullet train in India: Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe have laid the foundation stone for the Mumbai Ahmedabad high-speed rail project. The prime ministers of the two countries also attended the ground breaking ceremony for High-Speed Railway Training Institute that will come up at Vadodara where around 4,000 people will be trained for the bullet train project. Railway Minister Piyush Goyal, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and his Maharashtra counterpart Devendra Fadnavis were present on the occasion. The prime minister addressed a gathering and spoke his mind.
Here are top 10 remarks made by PM Narendra Modi
1. Lauding NDA government: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today underscored that in terms of railways, no other government has taken such bold initiatives.
2. Cheap loan interest: PM Narendra Modi said India has got a friend in Japan who is charging only 0.1% interest for Bullet Train project
3. Big push for New India initiative: PM Modi said that Bullet Train project will be from Japan, but assembly will be in India. “Integrated transport is a big need for ‘New India’,” PM Modi underlined.
4. Bullet train is safe: Allaying reported apprehensions over the safety of Bullet train in India, PM Modi emphasized that the high-speed train is safe and secure. He also said that Bullet train will create employment. PM Modi said he wanted to utilize the bullet train technology to empower poor.
Watch this video
— News18 (@CNNnews18) September 14, 2017
5. Role of transport in economic growth: Transport system is essential for the development of any economy, Prime Minister Modi said, adding the project will bring employment and speed to the country’s economy.
6. Make in India pitch: PM Modi also pitched for ‘Make in India’, saying the Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project will strengthen his Make in India initiative.
7. Japan, a true friend: PM Narendra Modi has lauded Japan and its Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. He said that Japan has proven to be India’s strongest friend. Bullet train is a big gift from Japan to India, the Prime Minister said.
Watch this video
— TIMES NOW (@TimesNow) September 14, 2017
8. New India: The idea of ‘New India’ is limitless, and this Bullet Train project is an important aspect of it, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi
9. The enormity of Indian Railway: PM Narendra Modi said that Indian railway network is so huge that the number of people travelling in trains every week in India is equal to Japan’s total population.
10. Reforms in India: PM Narendra Modi said, “Whether it is railways, roadways or waterways, we have brought reforms everywhere.”