BJP president Amit Shah who is currently in Ranchi for his two-day visit, appreciated the state government’s initiative in Jharkhand for the development purpose during a press conference on Saturday evening. The Bharatiya Janata Party chief questioned Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi over the legacy left behind the over governance after independence. Amit Shah asked Rahul Gandhi to give the ‘hisab’ (account) of the performance of four generations of his family. Here are 10 developments so far:
1) While addressing a gathering in Ranchi, the BJP president said that his party was approaching the people in the state to inform them of efforts made by the party’s governments at the Centre and states, an Indian Express report said.
2) “Rahul baba aap America jaa ke poochhte ho ki humne kya kiya hai; humne to Jharkhand ko dee jaane waalee madad lagbhag teen guna kar diya hai…aapki chaar peedhiyaan, 50 saalon ke shasan ka hisab de do (Mr Rahul, you go to America and ask what we have done. We have almost trebled the help given to Jharkhand. Provide details of what was done by your four generations and your party’s 50 years in power),” the paper quoted Amit Shah as saying.
3) Earlier in the day, while addressing a press conference, Amit Shah said he had stopped commenting on Rahul’s remarks. “I don’t comment on his statements,” Shah said as per Indian Express.
4) While pointing out that his party would inform the people about the performance of BJP governments in both the Centre and states, Amit Shah said as per paper. “In the past, observing 1,000 days of government would have meant eulogising the Chief Minister. But here, we are organising a series of such melas to take the benefits to the people.”
5) He further said that the Centre had launched about 106 schemes in the last three years for the poor. Amit Shah also added that Raghubar Das government in the state was doing well, the paper added.
6) On being questioned on the opposition by Christian organisations who had urged the Prime Minister to remove Raghubar Das as chief minister after the state government came up with an “anti-conversion Bill”, Shah said, “It is up to them to express their opinion. One can’t say anything on it. As far as the CM is concerned, it is the people who choose him,” Indian Express report said.
7) Recently, while stressing that the Congress focuses on only one family, the party had said that the party that was founded by a British, had undertaken only four national tours, three of which were with the mortal remains of its leaders.
8) “The Congress has undertaken only four national tours… Ek Jawaharlalji ki asthi kalash leke, ek Indiraji ki asthi kalash leke, ek Rajivji ki asthi kalash leke aur ab Rahulji nikal jaate hain bina kisi kalash ke (One with the urn carrying the remains of Jawaharlal, one with Indira’s remains, one with Rajiv’s remains. Now, Rahul sets out without any urn),” he had added as per the paper
9) “In contrast, our party, since its Jana Sangh days, has undertaken national journeys for things like prevention of cow slaughter, liberation of Goa, unity of the country from Kashmir to Kanyakumari, Ram Janmabhoomi, Somnath and so many other yatras,” he was further quoted by the Indian Express saying.
10) Amit Shah also said that the aim of BJP was not only to win elections and form governments but change “the scale of thinking, the report added. While talking about the Jan Dhan bank account initiative, Ujjwala programme, electrification initiative and Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, paper quoted Shah as saying, “When a girl in a village would go to relieve herself, people would stare at her, breaking her confidence gradually to the extent that she would forget about her dreams. Now, through the sanitation programme, we have given girls the right to dream.”