Bandipora attack: In a major success today, 4 terrorists were killed by security forces after an attempt to carry out a suicide attack on a camp of the 45th Battalion of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in Bandipora district of Jammu and Kashmir was foiled. According to reports, the heavily armed terrorists tried to enter the CRPF camp at Sumbal at around 3:30 AM after they opened fire at a sentry post. Security forces retaliated and neutralised the four terrorists, according to agency reports. A search operation has been launched and the area has been cordoned off, according to TV reports.
Here are key takeaways
1) Sub Inspector Yogesh Kumar told news agencies that four terrorists who tried to execute a fidayeen attack on the CRPF camp were killed after they opened fire on a sentry post.
2) The terrorists tried to force their way into the camp of the 45th battalion in Sumbal Bandipora by resorting to heavy firing.
Watch this video
— TIMES NOW (@TimesNow) June 5, 2017
3) Four AK-47 assault rifles, one Underbarrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL) and ammunition were recovered from the slain terrorists. DGP of J&K Police Shesh Paul Vaid said that AK-47s and a huge quantity of ammunition were recovered. He also complimented the CRPF and the state police for their alertness
4) The 45th Batallion of the CRPF was headed by braveheart Chetan Kumar Cheeta who survived nine bullet injuries while fighting terrorists in Bandipora district last year.
Watch this video
5) Home Minister Rajnath Singh had said that violence in Kashmir will not last for long.
6) Jammu and Kashmir DGP SP Vaid said that they were trying to identify the terrorists and ascertain which organisation they belong to.
7) Incidents of cross-border firing along the LoC have seen a significant rise in the last few weeks. On May 23, the Indian Army had released a video of “punitive fire assaults” on Pakistani positions across the Line of Control, inflicting some damage.
8) The Indian Army yesterday had rejected video circulated by Pakistan purportedly showing attacks by its military on some Indian posts along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir. It had termed the video as false and fabricated one.
9) Army had also trashed the Pakistan military’s claim that five Indian soldiers were killed in Tatta Pani sector along the LoC last week when Pakistani troops had retaliated to Indian fire.