With Assembly polls in Punjab due next year, AAP convener and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday launched his party's 'youth manifesto' touching upon drug menace, unemployment, and education in the state.
With Assembly polls in Punjab due next year, AAP convener and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday launched his party’s ‘youth manifesto’ touching upon drug menace, unemployment, and education in the state.
While Punjab is gearing for the 2017 polls in the state, battle between the AAP and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) gets intense. BJP today mocked AAP’s campaign, saying that that the Arvind Kejriwal-led government was failing spectacularly in the national capital, forcing them to run helter-skelter to other states.
Here are ten Key points from the AAP Manifesto:
1. AAP to launch massive anti-corruption drive, return faith in State Govt & empower enforcement agencies & Lokayukta
2. Drugs menace
a) 24-hr anti-drug toll-free no. will be started so people may sting & report drug dealers to the police at any time
b) Drug victims will be helped post treatment by encouraging industry with incentives to give jobs to drug survivors
c) To destroy drug cartels special Drug Task Force to be created within Punjab Police for complete crackdown on mafia
3. Entrepreneurship & Skill Centres (ESC) in every block, total of 147, to focus on agriculture & related industries. Incubation Centers called Punjab Launch Pads will be set up in 10 major cities to help youth realise their dreams.
4. Free WiFi hotspots to be created in villages, cities & govt colleges to provide connectivity in rural & urban areas
5. AAP will finish Mafia Raj completely. No govt contracts to MP, MLA, Ministers or their direct relatives.
6. AAP will provide ‘sikhia’ card to students to avail free bus facilities & start exclusive bus service for women
a) 29,000 posts in primary, middle, secondary schools will be filled. Every Primary School to have atleast 5 teachers
b) Free laptops to be given under Chief Minister’s Student Benefit Scheme to students taking admission in grade 9
c) Higher Education Scholarship for meritorious girls upon passing class 10 with 85% & above until post graduation
d) Annual audit of private schools will be done for transparency, so that they don’t overcharge fees
a) Punjab Olympic Mission to be launched to encourage & empower Punjab sportspersons to win medals for the state
b) AAP will set up a sports university & 3 additional sports colleges to encourage sport among Punjab’s youth
c) AAP will offer highest prize money of all states for achievement in sports. Olympic gold medal prize 5 crores!
d) 500 talented sportspersons to be identified & adopted by state. Their training, diet & fitness will provided free
9. HealthCare reforms and pro-people initiatives will be undertaken along the line of Delhi Govt.
10. AAP will give full pay during probation period to doctors, teachers & other professionals in government services