Andhra Pradesh Bandh Today LIVE Updates: After the open protest against the Union Budget 2018 by the incumbent TDP over the neglection of Andhra Pradesh, the left parties have jointly called out for a Bandh in the state and have urged the people to join the protest in large numbers.
Andhra Pradesh Bandh Today LIVE Updates: Amid escalating TDP fury over the alleged ‘neglect’ towards Andhra Pradesh in the Union Budget 2018, the Left Parties in the state have launched a state-wide agitation against “injustice” meted out to Andhra Pradesh and called for a ‘Bandh’ on Thursday. Alleging that Budget 2018 neglected the rural economy, the Left parties including – Communist Party of India, the Communist Party of India (Marxist) and the Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) as well as students’ and labour organisations – have jointly rolled out a press release urging people to participate in the ‘Bandh’ in large numbers.
Earlier, N Chandrababu Naidu-led TDP, which is an alliance partner of the BJP in the National Democratic Alliance, openly slammed the Union Budget. The party even protested against the Budget during the Parliament session. However, recent media reports claim that the party has shot down the idea of breaking alliance with the BJP for now.
Track LIVE Updates for Andhra Pradesh Bandh Today:
- The state-wide bandh called out by the Left parties remained peaceful as the protesters voluntarily decided not to disturb who plans to cross the state border, as per media reports.
- Protesting TDP MPs have entered the Well of the Rajya Sabha. T K Rangarajan, in the chair, requested the MPs to go back to their seats. “Please don’t force me to adjourn the House,” he said.
- TDP MLA Bode Prasad gets head tonsured unhappy over the funds allocated to the state of Andhra Pradesh. SEE PIC
- YSRCP President YS Jagan Mohan Reddy took part in the state wide bandh called by left parties against Union Budget 2018.
- While shutdown has affected the people in the state, TDP MPs also created a ruckus in the Parliament today. Members from NDA ally Telugu Desam Party as well as from YSR Congress trooped into the Well with placards and began shouting slogans demanding financial and other assistance for Andhra Pradesh.
- Low attendance was reported in government offices and public sector undertakings like Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, Visakhapatnam Port Trust, National Thermal Power Corp and Hindustan Shipyard, and other, as per PTI.
- Meanwhile, TDP MPs protest in Parliament demanding a special package for Andhra Pradesh.
- At least 5000 buses have been affected due to the Bandh, as per TV reports. The daily commute has also been adversely impacted due to the Bandh.
- YSR Congress MPs protest in Parliament demanding special package for Andhra Pradesh
- CM Chandrababu Naidu, had been upset after the Union Budget 2018 was announced. “I am sticking to the coalition dharma and keeping quiet. I am also restraining my colleagues from speaking out against the BJP. But if they do not want us, I will say ‘namaste’ and walk away,” he said expressing his dismay.
- Auto services may also be hit as a part of the ongoing protests with the union extending its support to the Bandh.
- Reportedly, the schools in the state are also shut today. Elaborate secuity arrangements have been made to maintain the law and order situation.
- Andhra University in Visakhapatnam has also announced that classes would be suspended today.