Ajay Kashyap, a 1985 batch IPS officer, has been appointed as the new Director General (DG) of Tihar jail. During his stint as Special Commissioner (Traffic), Kashyap gave an online push to the traffic police.
Ajay Kashyap, a 1985 batch IPS officer, has been appointed as the new Director General (DG) of Tihar jail. During his stint as Special Commissioner (Traffic), Kashyap gave an online push to the traffic police. The IPS officer has relaunched the Delhi Traffic Police’s Sentinel App, through which people can report traffic violations by clicking photographs in exchange for a reward, according to The Indian Express. Delhi’s Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal yesterday issued an order regarding his appointment. Kashyap will take charge on Saturday as October 1 is a holiday, Indian Express reported citing sources.
Here are some of the top thing to know about the new Tihar Jail DG Ajay Kashyap:
1. Ajay Kashyap is a 1985-batch AGMUT cadre IPS officer. He will take over from present DG Sudhir Yadav, who retires on September 30.
2. Kashyap told The Indian Express that he was looking forward to the new “challenge” and is ready work “independently”. The position of Tihar DG is an independent charge and I will get many opportunities to take decisions. I am happy with the new assignment; every new assignment is a challenge and I’ll try to meet it successfully,” Kashyap said.
3. He was currently posted as the Special Commissioner of Police (Traffic) in the Delhi Police. Kashyap said once he joins a roadmap will be prepared about what needs to be done. “My predecessor was very dynamic and had done a lot of things,” he added.
4. He had been posted as SP in Andaman and Nicobar Islands (law and order), chief of investigation in Mozambique (criminal investigation), DIG (Chandigarh) and DIG (CRPF).
5. He also served five years on a UN mission, as Chief of Mission Management in New York (UN-DPKO). A native of Delhi, Kashyap graduated with an MBA in finance and marketing, and LLB. He joined the force on August 28, 1985.