AIDMK crisis: TTV Dinakaran on Tuesday sought removal of Chief Minister E Palaniswami even as DMK has stepped up pressure on the ruling dispensation by seeking trust vote. AIADMK has been witnessing bitter infighting since the demise of J Jayalalithaa. Dinakaran’s demand comes a day after merger took place between two factions of AIADMK lead by E Palaniswami and O Panneerselvam. Dinakaran, who was sidelined, has rejected the merger saying it was a “betrayal” to party general secretary V K Sasikala. Recently, a reolution adopted by Palaniswami faction rejected the appointment of Dinakaran as AIADMK deputy general secretary as invalid, according to report. The faction led by Panneerselvam had threw its weight behind the resolution then.
Here is 10 points you want to know about ongoing AIADMK crisis
1. TTV Dinkaran had sacked AIADMK Member of Parliament Vaithilingam. Vaithilingam he had yesterday said that Vk Sasikala will be removed from the party.
2. A day after the much-talked about merger bewteen E Palaniswami and O Panneerselvam factions, Sasikala’s nephew Dinakaran lashed out at both of them in a series of tweets.
3. This morning, the TTV Dinakaran faction has submitted a memorandum to Tamil Nadu Governor Vidyasagar Rao.
Watch this video
4. Earlier today, MLAs supporting Dinakaran had met him in his residence ahead of their meeting with the Governor.
5. It has been learnt that 19 MLAs have backed Dinakarn and submitted individual memorandum demanding removal of Chief Minister E E Palaniswami.
6. AIADMK MLA Thanga Tamil Selvan said that 19 MLAs, who were supporting Dinakaran, have no confidence on Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and wanted a trust vote. He said that they have conveyed this to the Governor.
7. DMK working president MK Stalin has demanded a trust vote. According to reports, he has written letter to the Governor over the issue.
8. My information is that three more AIADMK MLAs have also withdrawn support, that makes it 22 MLAs in total, said Stalin.
9. Earlier Dinakaran had claimed “It is not a merger. It is a commercial agreement reached for self-interest and hunger for positions and to protect posts.”
10. Asserting that his political journey would continue, he vowed to protect the party and retrieve its “Two Leaves” symbol which has been frozen by the Election Commission ahead of the now cancelled April 14 byelection to R K Nagar Assembly constituency.