3 labourers die after inhaling poisonous gas in Chattisgarh

By: | Updated: July 3, 2016 7:12 PM

The trio went inside the well, which had less water, at the house of a resident in Darripara locality, to clean it, but fell unconscious after inhaling the gas that had accumulated inside it.

Labours pti l3 labours die after inhaling poisonous gas. (PTI)

Three labourers today died after apparently inhaling poisonous gas inside a 40-foot-deep well in Urba village, about 60 km away from here, police said.

The incident occurred this morning when the labourers were cleaning the well, Raigarh Additional Superintendent of Police U B S Chauhan said.

The victims were identified as Daul Kumar Nishad (24), Krishna Kumar Rathiya (18) and Purushottam Rathiya (20), he said.

The trio went inside the well, which had less water, at the house of Hariram Rathiya (35) in Darripara locality, to clean it, but fell unconscious after inhaling the gas that had accumulated inside it, Chauhan said, adding they died on the spot.

A police team reached the spot and took out the bodies with the help of locals, he said.

The bodies have been sent to Tamnar hospital for postmortem, the ASP said, adding a case has been registered in this connection.

Investigations are underway in the matter, the ASP added.

Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Switch to Hindi Edition