"We welcome the Supreme Court's decision dismissing the curative petitions of two of the four death row convicts," the grandfather told newspersons at his native village along the border of Bihar.
The grandfather of 2012 Delhi gang-rape victim on Tuesday welcomed the Supreme Court’s decision to dismiss the curative petitions filed by two of the four death row convicts in the rape-and-murder case. He said the entire village was very happy with the top court’s decision.
“We welcome the Supreme Court’s decision dismissing the curative petitions of two of the four death row convicts,” the grandfather told newspersons at his native village along the border of Bihar. “It will be like Diwali for us when all the four convicts are hanged on January 22 at 7 am in Tihar jail,” he said.
- BS Yediyurappa to continue as Karnataka CM for now, BJP dismisses rumours of change in leadership
- Oxygen concentrator hoarding case: Khan Chacha restaurant owner Navneet Kalra denied anticipatory bail
- Extortion case against former Mumbai Commissioner Param Bir Singh: CID records statements of two bookies
Earlier on Tuesday, a five-judge bench headed by Justice N V Ramana rejected the curative petitions filed by two of the convicts. A Delhi court had on January 7 issued death warrants against the four convicts and said they would be hanged on January 22 at 7 am in Tihar jail. Two other death-row convicts had not filed curative petitions.
A 23-year-old paramedic student was gang-raped and brutally assaulted on the intervening night of December 16-17, 2012, in a moving bus in south Delhi by six people before being thrown out on the road. She died on December 29 at Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.