Start doubting your friends and practise your pranking skills as it's time for April Fool’s Day.
Start doubting your friends and practise your pranking skills as it’s time for April Fool’s Day. While no one knows how this day started getting celebrated, everybody just wants to find ways through which they can fool the people around. On this day the internet is flooded with stories about its theories, history, significance to pranks, jokes, quotes and images. While its is important to fool your friends and family with your best pranks, it is equally important to keep your jokes lighthearted so that you do not hurt anyone. Here are some fun filled facts about this day that you never knew about:
1. A copying error in a line of the Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales (1392), Syn March bigan thritty dayes and two changed the whole meaning. While the original line meant 32 days after March, i.e. 2 May, readers misunderstood it for 32 March i.e. April 1, and thus the started the April Fool’s celebration.
2. Earlier, the new years in some areas of France was celebrated on April 1. But after some changes that were made in 1582, their new year celebration switched to January 1. But some people who did not know about this continued the older tradition and thus were called April Fools.
3. In the year 1974 on April Fool’s Day, a man dragged 70 tires and set them on fire on a dormant volcano in Alaska. The fumes of the fire terrified the local residents and made them think that the volcano had erupted.
4. Gmail was first launched on April 1st, 2004. Its services were widely assumed as an April Fools Day joke.
5. In 2002, NASA posted a picture of the moon on April Fools Day that proved that it was made of cheese and even included an expiration date.
Now go and plan your pranks and tricks for tomorrow, but stay a little careful around people as they might also be planning to fool you. Watch out every step that you take.
Happy April Fool’s day!