Renowned Kannada film actor and director Kashinath passed away today morning. The actor was suffering from cancer. The actor was famous for his double entendres which gave the Kannada film industry a totally new edge
Renowned Kannada film actor and director Kashinath passed away today morning. The actor was suffering from cancer. The actor was famous for his double entendres which gave the Kannada film industry a totally new edge. He was admitted to Shankara Cancer Hospital two day ago and he breathed his last there. The actor-director is survived by his wife and two children. The senior actor had carved a niche for himself in the comedy genre. Kashinath was recently seen in Chowka, released last year. Here are some lesser-known facts about the actor who passed away:
- After completing his graduation in science from Vijaya College, Bangalore, Kashinath joined a troupe called Asima along with contemporary filmmakers such as Suresh Hebalikar where he got exposed to the art of filmmaking.
- He turned director and producer with Aparoopada Athitigalu in the year 1975 and got a major break in Aparichita in 1978. The film was a huge hit and is considered to be a trendsetter.
- The actor was associated with films which were regarded as taboo in the society. But he chose to break norms and introduced double entendres in the Kannada film industry which gave a new dimension to his films. Hailing from Kundapur in Udupi district, the actor has at least 40 films to his credit, spanning over a career of more than three decades.
- Kashinath was not just an actor. He directed, produced, and acted in many well-known films such as Anubhava, Anantana Avantara, Avale Nanna Hendthi and Hendathi Endhare Haygirabeku.
- Kashinath is also credited for introducing people likes Upendra, directors V. Manohar and Sunil Kumar Desai to the Kannada film industry. He was a godfather to these actors and brought them to the limelight with some hit films.