Tamasha movie released today with Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor in starring roles. While Ranbir Kapoor has not been able to recreate the magic of old in his recent releases, Tamasha...
Tamasha movie released today with Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor in starring roles. While Ranbir Kapoor has not been able to recreate the magic of old in his recent releases, Tamasha looks to be different. As far as Deepika Padukone is concerned, she has been putting in excellent performance in recent years in a number of her movies that involved both potboilers and some that required sensitive character acting. Here in 5 points we dissect the Tamasha performances of both actors:
1. Surprisingly, Ranbir Kapoor, whose last film was the box office dud Bombay Velvet, comes up with a lively performance in Tamasha. He takes to the character like a fish takes to water.
2. His chemistry with Deepika Padukone is extremely likeable, believable and relatable. The kind of chemistry that these two share on screen, one is reminded of the magical chemistry between Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol. Despite putting in a commendable performance, however, the lackluster screenplay and direction play spoilers’ role.
3. As far as Deepika Padukone is concerned, she is totally at ease with her character in Tamasha movie. Her ability to ‘switch’ emotions in her role is superlative and really commendable. Every time she comes on screen, she simply lights it up with her magnetic presence. There is never a dull moment in the film when she is on screen.
4. However, both Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone falter a little when the music comes on. Despite A R Rahman at the helm of things, the music (sadly) does not help in lifting the proceedings. At the same time, one cannot ignore the melodious track ‘Matargashti’ where both are superb and stay fresh in the minds of viewers.
5. While both Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone put in fine performances, they are still not able to pull the movie up by its bootsraps, so to say, and the overall reaction to Tamasha is one of disappointment.