Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone 'Tamasha' movie, which released today, looks to recreate the Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani magic.
Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone ‘Tamasha’ movie, which released today, looks to recreate the Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani magic. The actors are the same, but much water has flown down the proverbial river. So, while Ranbir Kapoor is no longer at the height of his success, Deepika Padukone is soaring, as far as their career graphs are concerned. Here in 5 points we provide everything you wanted to see without actually having seen Tamasha.
1. Tamasha starts off with the onstage robotic ‘introduction’ of Ved Vardhan Sahni (Ranbir Kapoor). The story then scoots off to a flashback mode wherein the audiences are introduced to a ‘sensitive’ Ved as a kid – he gets gets easily mesmerized and enchanted by stories. The ‘impact’ of these stories is so huge in his later years that it starts hampering his actual life.
2. The Tamasha story then takes the viewers to, of all places, Corsica, where Ved chooses to break free from his routine stereotyped life. It is here where he meets Tara Maheshwari (Deepika Padukone), an ‘Asterix’ fan who has been stranded there because of her lost baggage.
3. They get talking and spend time together. Both Ved and Tara have such a rollicking time, they decide to spend more time together and agree to refrain from asking each other’s personal details and that whatever they tell each other will only be lies, and lastly, ‘what happens in Corsica, stays in Corsica’. That’s why they decide to become ‘Don’ and ‘Mona Darling’ respectively.
4. By now you must have realised that what will follow is certainly going to be a big tamasha. Both Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone continue their journey and enjoy each and every moment to the fullest. The inevitable then happens. Tara gets her passport back to go to India. The two depart with the promise that they will never meet each other ever again. Both get back to their routine life in India… until they accidentally meet again. That’s when they, not just reveal their real identities, but also grow extremely fond of each other. The going is simply great and Ved ends up proposing to Tara in front of his entire office.
5. To everyone’s horror, Tara drops a bombshell and snubs his proposal. This not only breaks Ved’s heart, it also shatters the rest of his life. So much so that he gets fired from his job. What is the reason that Tara to reject Ved’s proposal despite being head over heels in love with him, how do Ved’s parents react to all this, do Ved and Tara ever come together… is what the rest of the story is about.