Veteran Bollywood actor Shashi Kapoor passed away after a prolonged illness today at the age of 79 in Mumbai.
Veteran Bollywood actor Shashi Kapoor passed away after a prolonged illness today at the age of 79 in Mumbai. The actor was reportedly suffering from old-age related illness and was under constant and strict medical supervision for his health-related issues. The thespian is survived by three children – Kunal Kapoor, Sanjana Kapoor and Karan Kapoor. Born in 1938, Shashi Kapoor was the youngest son of Prithviraj Kapoor and brother of Raj Kapoor and Shammi Kapoor. He was honoured with the Padmabhushan award in 2011 by the Government of India. Kapoor during his lifetime had acted in over 175 movies including both Indian and international films. The actor gave memorable performances along with Amitabh Bachchan in Deewar, Namak Halaal, Trishul, Kaala Patthar and more.
Here are some of his all-time famous dialogues-
1. Mere paas maa hai (Deewar)
2. Jab tak ek bhai bol raha hai, ek bhai sun raha hai … jab ek mujrim bolega, ek police officer sunega (Deewar)
3. Hum gayab hone waalo mein se nahi hai … jahan jahan se guzharte hai jalwe dikhate hai … dost toh kya, dushman bhi yaad rakhte hai (Silsila)
4. Bhai, tum sign karoge ya nahin? (Deewar)
5. Yeh mat socho ke desh tumhe kya deta hai … socho yeh ke tum desh ko kya de sakte ho (Roti, Kapda Aur Makaan)
6. Yeh prem rog hai … shuru mein dukh deta hai … bad mein bahut dukh deta hai (Namak Halaal)
7. Zyada paisa aaye toh neend nahi aati … neend aaye toh zyada paisa nahi aata (Deewar)
8. Is duniya mein aadmi insaan ban jaye … toh bahut badi baat hai (Kabhi Kabhie)
Watch this video
9. Apna toh ek hi usool hai … jeeyo toh apne liye, socho toh doosron ke liye (Ek aur Ek Gyarah)
10. Main zara romantic kisam ka aadmi hoon … shaadi ke baad ishq karna toh chhod diya hai … is liye biwi se romance karke kaam chala leta hoon (Kabhi Kabhie)
The romantic screen icon of ’70s and ’80s took his last breath at the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital today. The news was confirmed by actor Randhir Kapoor, son of veteran actor Raj Kapoor. He said, “Yes he has passed away. He had kidney problem since several years. He was on dialysis for several years,” as quoted by PTI. He added that the actor’s funeral will be held tomorrow morning. Shashi Kapoor hit the spotlight at the age of four, while acting in plays that were directed and produced by his father. He started acting in films as a child artiste in the late ’40s.