Divya Khosla Kumar's Sanam Re features Pulkit Samrat, Yami Gautam, Urvashi Rautela and Rishi Kapoor in a refreshing love story, which has been released in a timely manner for the upcoming Valentine's Day weekend.
Divya Khosla Kumar’s Sanam Re features Pulkit Samrat, Yami Gautam, Urvashi Rautela and Rishi Kapoor in a refreshing love story, which has been released in a timely manner for the upcoming Valentine’s Day weekend. So, will it appeal to couples who seek to have a special time in this period and score at the B.O. with its content or fall flat? Here we present 5 highlights that will provide you with all that you wanted to know about the movie without actually watching it.
1. Right at the start let us say that the movie comes as a pleasant surprise. The fabulous music score, amazing locations and great picturisation makes Sanam Re a visual treat, which doesn’t let the slow pace affect the movie-watching experience in any way.
2. Aakash (Pulkit Samrat) is an ambitious young man who’s always rebuked by his boss. Circumstances take him back to his small home town in the hills. His dadaji (Rishi Kapoor), a photographer had been a strong influence on him during childhood but now he’s old and Aakash’s parents want to sell off the photo studio since there’s no one to take care of it. Rishi Kapoor always surprises with his laid back genius. He’s a delight as the old man who moves you immensely and leaves you with a smile.
3. Considering this is a love story, the film quickly moves to show the confused young man rediscovering memories of his childhood that had much to do with love. He meets his old love Shruti (Yami Gautam) again there. Problem was that he had dumped for a comfortable city life a few years ago. The triangle is completed by the sexy Mrs Pablo (Urvashi Rautela) who has to be won over by Aakash for ‘professional’ reasons. The story moves forward and professional ambitions gradually give way to unadulterated love.
4. Divya Khosla Kumar has chosen some fantastic locations in Laddakh, Canada and Himachal Pradesh to display a perfect setting for pristine romance. Sameer Arya’s camerawork makes the stunning locations a treat. The beautiful mountains, breathtaking lakes, virgin sea beaches, you shall see some of the best locations displayed in a movie in the recent times.
5. While the previous points build perfect scenes consisting of people and settings, the only thing missing is music. But like what we said earlier, the music is another pleasant surprise. Music is the best highlight of Sanam Re. Each and every song is outstanding. And Divya has picturized the songs very well. ‘Sanam Re’, ‘Hua Hai Aaj Pehli Baar’, ‘Ghazab Ka Hai Ye Din’, ‘Kya Tujhe Ab Dil Ye Bataaye’, ‘Tere Liye’ and ‘Tum Bin’ are great tracks and add romance and passion in abundance.