Padmaavat box office collection prediction: Amid the ongoing tussle between the filmmaker and the fringe groups, Padmaavat movie however, is all set to hit screens on January 25, after Supreme Court cleared it.
Padmaavat box office collection prediction: The film, starring Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh in lead roles, has arguably become the most hyped film ever in India. After facing many protests, death and suicide threats and being in the eye of a storm for months with various fringe groups objecting to its content, matters worsened when even state governments decided to ban its release. Amid the ongoing tussle between the filmmaker and the fringe groups, Padmaavat movie however, is all set to hit screens on January 25, after Supreme Court cleared it. Director Sanjay Leela Bhansali is definitely a much relieved man now. But from one worry, concern will shift to another. Will the film do well at the box office? Well, the answer to that question is a big yes! And then, most significantly, will the film be able to collect Rs 100 cr in its opening weekend? That’s a big question. Here we present reasons why this most controversial Bollywood film will make it to the Rs 100 cr club:
1) The film will do well from day 1 itself. As is clearly visible, many of the cinemas have run out of tickets. The tickets themselves are very pricey. So Padmaavat box office collection on opening day may exceed that of Shah Rukh Khan’s all-time record set by his movie Happy New Year. It earned a whopping Rs 44.97 cr! Significantly, Deepika was the lead actress in that film too.
2) The huge media coverage that Padmaavat has received since December last year, has developed a feeling of anxiousness and excitement among the general audience who now want to know what the entire hullabaloo was about.
3) Padmaavat will get a long weekend before it settles down by Saturday and Sunday. The film will enjoy an extended weekend of four days enabling the film to maximize its box office take.
4) Padmaavat’s initial competitor, Akshay Kumar starrer Pad Man, that was slated to hit screens on the same day, will no longer be doing so. The clash was avoided at the last minute. PadMan postponed its release to February 9, giving an opportunity for Padmaavat to enjoy the benefit of a solo release.
5) Meanwhile, there are preview shows, starting on Tuesday evening itself and that should help in adding on to the overall collections as well.
6) A Sanjay Leela Bhansali film usually comes with a brilliant storyline. Just not that, it also has stellar production value. Therefore, Padmaavat is certain to open with a bang at the box office.
7) There is the dearth of good films at the box office for a long time. The last big-ticket Bollywood entertainer to hit screens was the Salman Khan starrer Tiger Zinda Hai that released in December. Since then there have been multiple releases, but almost all have been small-budget, off-beat films. Now with Padmaavat hitting screens, audiences have been promised value for their money along with quality entertainment.
8) Significantly, Padmaavat collection will receive strong word of mouth boost as the storyline has all the ingredients of success that will grab the attention of viewers.