For starters, initially at least, fortune is favourable for Housefull 3 as it is a solo release and it also does not have to face any rivalry from any other older release. Cinema goers therefore, don't have to weigh their options to decide what to watch. This is surely playing into the Hiusefull 3 stars', Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh, Abhishek Bachchan, hands.
For starters, initially at least, fortune is favourable for Housefull 3 as it is a solo release and it also does not have to face any rivalry from any other older release. Cinema goers therefore, don’t have to weigh their options to decide what to watch. This is surely playing into the Hiusefull 3 stars’, Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh, Abhishek Bachchan, hands. But before deciding anything there is a question in the audience’s mind that we are looking to answer and that is, ‘what on earth is this particular movie about?’ So, without further ado, here is all you want to know about Housefull 3 without actually having watched the movie:
1. It all started off in the year 2010, with Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh, Arjun Rampal, Deepika Padukone, Lara Dutta and (the late) Jiah Khan all coming together under ‘one roof’ with the film titled Housefull. For those who don’t know, let us say that the proved to be a goldmine at the box-office. This was followed up by its second installment titled Housefull 2, which, again, was a blockbuster at the B.O. This time round, in theatres around you, is the third installment of the film, titled Housefull 3.
2. Housefull 3 starts off in plush London where a gang of three robbers steal diamonds from a museum in broad daylight but get busted by the cops. Scene shifts to Batook Patel (Boman Irani) and his three daughters Ganga (Jaqueline Fernandez), Jamuna (Lisa Haydon) and Saraswati (Nargis Fakhri). While Ganga is a M.D. in psychoanalysis, Jamuna is a wax figure maker and Saraswati is socially connected to a society catering to the needs of the physically challenged. Despite being the lucky father of three beautiful and ‘dutiful’ all-grown-up daughters, Batook Patel just does not want them to get married.
3. On the other hand, while the three daughters behave in an extremely cultured and civilized manner before their father, behind his back, they become just the opposite, which means ultra-glam and modern ‘party’ animals. In other words, Ganga becomes Gracy, Jamuna becomes Jenny and Saraswati becomes Sarah. Besides being ultra-glam, all the three also have a boyfriend each in the form of Sandy (Akshay Kumar) a footballer with a split personality disorder, rapper Bunty (Abhishek Bachchan) and a car racer Teddy (Riteish Deshmukh).
4. Because of the circumstances that prevail in the girls’ house, getting married to their respective boyfriends looks like an impossible dream. When Sandy, Bunty and Teddy look to convince the girls to marry them, all the three girls reject their proposals citing an astrologer’s prediction.
5. To complicate things further and add a lot of drama to the already churning situation, into the scene enters the dreaded Mumbai don Urja Nagre (Jackie Shroff), who has a secret agenda of his own. What was the reason for Batook Patel of not getting ‘his’ three daughters married, what is Urja Nagre’s big secret, what was the astrologer’s prediction that prevented the three girls from getting married to their respective boyfriends and how will the three boyfriends manage to marry their respective girlfriends, is what forms the rest of the film’s story.
(With inputs from PTI and Bollywood Hungama)