Dilwale box office collections: This Shah Rukh Khan starrer is predicted to do well. In fact it is expected to be the biggest film of 2015 and outdo even Salman Khan’s humongous movie ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, which did business of Rs 200 cr in India alone. So what is Dilwale box office collections prediction really going to be? Here are top 5 points to ponder:
1. Dilwale stars the King of Bollywood Shah Rukh Khan and in other leading roles are Kajol, Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon. So, while Dilwale features one of the biggest names in Indian cinema, Shah Rukh Khan, whose fan following is quite literally second to none, it also features Kajol to add the nostalgic factor to the movie. Some big names in the upcoming generation are also present and that is a great first step in itself to ensure B.O. success.
2. Shah Rukh Khan has consistently delivered hits and we believe Dilwale is another one as it is a complete family entertainer, that will be enjoyed by the entire family rather than appealing to one particular generation or even region. In fact, it is quite likely to appeal across generations and will see entire families turn out in droves. As such, Dilwale, since it isn’t based on any one community or individual, will enjoy a wider target audience base.
3. The timing of Dilwale release is not ideal as it is not releasing on a holiday and will be clashing with Deepika Padukone starrer Bajirao Mastani – both are going to hit theatres on December 18. But there are the Christmas holidays following on quickly in the week after that and this is bound to increase the lifespan of Dilwale tremendously. So, even if a festive, extended weekend is not available to maximize footfalls in theatres and ensure better collections, Christmas does offer this opportunity the week after as 25th is Friday and it will have Saturday and Sunday to further capitalise on – provided the word of mouth is positive about the movie to increase its shelf life.
4. Out of a total of 9,000 screens across India, from which after deducting those that will be serving regional releases, we are left with approximately 6,500 screens. From these, Shah Rukh Khan’s Dilwale would obviously get the lion’s share which will be around 4,000 screens (a comparatively lower number when compared to SRK’s earlier release Happy New Year that was released across 5,000+ screens) leaving the remaining 2,500 screens for Bajirao Mastani. Surely, this is adequate enough to generate the kind of earnings Shah Rukh Khan is eyeing.
5. Considering that Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol are wringing every bit of the nostalgia factor in the older audiences who saw and loved Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, there is certainly going to be a huge ready-made audience just waiting to see how things have changed over the last 20 years when DDLJ was first released and how the actors themselves measure up. There is also the fact that Shah Rukh Khan is a marketing magician. He has managed to generate success with his stellar marketing skills and he has left no stone unturned with Dilwale. He has been promoting the movie non-stop for months on end and it leads in terms of top-of-the-mind recall factor. SRK is even set to appear on Pakistan TV to promote Dilwale as that market is big too. The advance bookings in the cineplexes in Karachi and Lahore are at their peak with shows sold out for December. The exact position in this respect for Dilwale release in India is not clear yet. Surely, the mix is unbeatable. But do remember, in Bollywood you can never tell. So, keep watching this space for more.