Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Bajirao Mastani' was filmed as an epic historical romance drama. It has visual cinematic appeal with opulent costumes, grand sets, well-directed battle scenes and great cinematography. Here are top some interesting points about the movie:
Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Bajirao Mastani’ was filmed as an epic historical romance drama. It has visual cinematic appeal with opulent costumes, grand sets, well-directed battle scenes and great cinematography. Here are top some interesting points about the movie:
1. The movie narrates the love story of Maratha warrior and ruler Peshwa Baji Rao I and his second wife Mastani.
3. The movie also delves into history and seeks to explain the conflicts between the Marathas and the Nizams. Various customs followed by the Marathas back in that time are also shown. However, Bhansali has not paid much attention to historic detail in order to make this two hour and twenty five minute film commercially viable.
4. Ranveer Singh portrayal as the brave Peshwa Bajirao I is stunning, while Deepika Padukone is spellbinding. She portrays the character with precision, both as a warrior in battle as well as Bajirao’s love interest.
5. Priyanka Chopra plays Bajirao’s first wife Kashibai. Kashibai is a supportive wife and ‘understands’ the love between Bajirao and Mastani.
6. Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone were trained by Daksha Sheth to master the Kalaripayattu art. Bhansali had reportedly approached Daksha Sheth to train the pair in Kalaripayattu, an ancient Indian martial art. Sheth has also trained Padukone in the Kathak dance style.
7. The legendary classical Kathak dancer Pandit Birju Maharaj choreographed a Kathak song for Padukone. In fact, all the actors seem to have taken extensive language courses to meticulously deliver their respective dialogues.