Finally, the day is here when the questions ‘Why Kattappa killed Baahubali?’ has finally been answered. Two years after the release of Baahubali: The Beginning, the sequel of the movie is out with a bang. Baahubali 2: The Conclusion featuring actors like Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty, Tamannaah Bhatia, Ramya Krishnan, Sathyaraj, Nassar has hit thousands of theatres across the country. The frenzy that was created two years ago has reached even greater levels this time as is evident by the hundreds of thousands of fans lining up to watch the movie at cinemas. While the biggest mystery of them all has finally been put to rest for many, numerous others are still waiting to watch the movie that is on the verge of breaking all records. In the last two years, the film has generated millions of fans across the country which will impact its success at the Box Office. But this report is not about the movie per se, but about all the numbers involved in its making – both part I and II.
Baahubali: The Beginning released globally on July 10, 2015 and it was produced with a total budget of Rs 1.8 billion. The movie was released in over 4,000 screens worldwide in Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi. According to the numbers released by Bollywood Hungama, the opening day box office collection of the movie was Rs 5.15 crore in north India alone, while the movie secured Rs 22.35 cr at the end the opening weekend. The lifetime collection of the movie closed at Rs 118.7 cr. The final BO tally, was near Rs 700 cr. The first part of the movie paved way for its sequel and created a much need anticipation among the viewers. Here are some numbers that will definitely interest you.
1. Baahubali 2 has already earned Rs 500 cr (pre-release) that too before its release
2. The film is expected to earn over Rs 1000 cr
3. The film is made at a budget that is as high as Rs 250 cr as compared to the budget of the first part
4. The film is being released across 9000 screens globally
5. Baahubali 2: The Conclusion has been released in record 58 screens in Chennai
6. The tickets of the film are being sold at a record high price of Rs 4000 in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Reports have said that in Delhi, some reports have said that ticket prices have jumped as high as Rs 2500
7. Over 1 million tickets have been booked in the last 24 hrs
8. The film has been able to earn Rs 3 million in US before its release