The latest Aamir Khan starrer 'PK' has redefined box office collections history in Bollywood.
The latest Aamir Khan and Anushka Sharma starrer ‘PK’ that released on December 19, 2014, has rewritten box office collections history in Bollywood. Already the highest grosser, the movie has managed to set a new record by becoming the first ever Hindi film to cross the Rs 300 crore mark.
Records are made to be broken and Aamir Khan’s ‘PK’ proved it with a flourish. After setting the bar at Rs 100 crore it wasn’t long before a new release crossed the mark to set an all-time high of over Rs 200 crore, but ‘PK’ box office collections have even surpassed that to zoom into a never before ventured territory to set benchmarks for other big-budget films. (Read: ‘PK’ becomes 1st Bollywood movie to cross Rs 300 cr mark)
Here are a few facts on record set by ‘PK’ and superstar Aamir Khan:
1. ‘PK’ box office collections crossed the Rs 300 crore mark in just 17 days
2. ‘PK’ is now the biggest grossing Bollywood film in India
3. ‘PK’ became the highest grossing film of all time when it generated Rs Rs 278.52 crore, displacing ‘Dhoom 3’ (Rs 271.82 crore) in the domestic box office charts.
4. Aamir Khan was first to achieve the Rs 100 crore mark (‘Ghajini’), he was the first to cross the Rs 200 crore mark (‘3 Idiots’) and now with ‘PK’, he is the first to cross the Rs 300 crore mark.
Here’s what trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted on Aamir Khan’s achievements:
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) January 4, 2015
5. Anushka Sharma becomes the youngest and first actress to enter the Rs 300 crore club at the age of 26 years, Aamir Khan at the age of 49 years, and Rajkumar Hirani achieved the milestone at the age of 52 years.
6. ‘PK’ entered the Rs 100 crore and Rs 200 crore club on 4th and 9th day respectively.
7. ‘PK’ Week 1 box office collections have been Rs 183 cr, compared to Dhoom 3’s Rs 178.97 crore
8. ‘PK’ saw a release across a whopping 5200 screens.
The Rs 500 cr question! Will Aamir Khan’s ‘PK’ make it? Take the poll and tell us:
Follow conversation on Aamir Khan’s ‘PK’ on Twitter:
(With inputs from Bollywood Hungama)