BJP leader Shrikant Sharma has finally taken oath as one of the cabinet ministers in the Yogi Adityanath-led government. So, who is Shrikant Sharma? Why is he a part of the cabinet? Let’s have a look at his journey.
The debate and discussions over the name of the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh finally ended on Saturday evening with Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) elected its MP from Gorakhpur Yogi Adityanath for the designation. However, it led to a next big question that was who will be the included in his cabinet of Ministers. BJP leader Shrikant Sharma has finally taken oath as one of the cabinet ministers in the Yogi Adityanath-led government. So, who is Shrikant Sharma? Why is he a part of the cabinet? Let’s have a look at his journey.
– Shrikant Sharma was born and brought up in Mathura. He has done schooling from DAV Mathura and later shifted to Delhi for higher education. He joined PGDAV College, Delhi University.
– During his college days, he emerged as a credible and powerful voice of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, the student organisation of Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS).
– Shrikant Sharma is now permanently settled in Delhi and at present, he is the national secretary and media convener of the BJP. The BJP has made a major chunk of followers courtesy to the presentation of its good image through media. The credit should be given to Shrikant.
You may also like to watch:
– Sharma was expected to fight 2014 Lok Sabha Election from Mathurab but, somehow, Hema Malini got the ticket. Now, he was given ticket from Mathura in the Assembly Election, where he defeated leader of Congress Parliamentary party Pradeep Mathur, by a record margin of over one lakh votes.
– Soon after winning the polls, Sharma said that the victory was of the Narendra Modi-Amit Shah combine. The minister did not show his urge to be the CM of the state. Asked about the name of UP CM, he had said he was not in the race for UP chief ministership but would “not run away” if the party entrusts him with any responsibility.
– During the campaigning, Sharma was booked for violation of Model Code of Conduct (MCC) for allegedly holding an election meeting without prior permission.
– Shrikant Sharma has also been seen as close to BJP chief Amit Shah.
– There is no specific details about his personal life including his marital status. Even there is no information available on the public forum about his marital status.