PM Modi today addressed an election rally in Hardoi ahead of the third phase of Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections 2017.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today addressed an election rally in Hardoi ahead of the third phase of Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections 2017. In an apparent dig at UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who recently had a bitter fight with his father Mulayam Singh Yadav for the control of Samajwadi Party, PM Modi invoked Lord Krishna who was born in UP. “Lord Krishna was born in UP and made Gujarat his site of action. I was born in Gujarat and UP has adopted me,” Modi said. “Uttar Pradesh is my ‘mai-baap’ (parents). I am not the son who would betray his ‘mai-baap’. You have adopted me and it is my duty to work for you. Vote for a full majority BJP government. I promise to show you the ways of all the problems you are facing within five years.”
Predicting a BJP win in the ongoing Assembly elections in the state, Modi said, “BJP has received huge votes in the first two phases of Assembly elections in the state. I thank people of the state for that.” Like his speech in Kannauj on Wednesday, Modi once again talked about India’s success in space science. On Wednesday, ISRO had successfully sent 104 satellites of the world, including three of India, into space.
He asked the gathering as to why poverty has not ended in UP even as there is no dearth of resources, people, vision and money. “Only thing that is missing is the government’s intent. No past government has thought about the development of the entire state. Past governments led by SP, Congress and BSP focussed only on their respective vote banks,” the PM said, adding, “Fate of UP would not change until these parties are stopped from coming to power,” he added.
Here are some more highlights from PM Modi’s speech:
- Most of the political killings in the country take place in Uttar Pradesh. Is this his (Akhilesh’s) work or his ‘kaarnaama’?
- Most of the gangrape in the country take place in Uttar Pradesh. I want to ask the UP government, you are so committed to your family, but why don’t you think of Uttar Pradesh as your family?
- 3000 people die due to illegal firings with ‘katta’. Who makes these ‘kattas’? Can’t the police do anything?
- Over 20% atrocities against Dalits in India take place in UP and no one gets punished.
- Isn’t illegal mining prevalent in Hardoi? Who blesses the illegal miners? Who is responsible for this?
- No journalist can write against illegal mining. If somebody dares, he gets killed. We must fight against this condition created by the Akhilesh government.
- BJP government would waive loans of small farmers within six months of coming to power.
The third phase of Assembly Elections in the state would take place on February 19 and the results of the seven-phase elections would be announced on March 11.