Akhilesh Yadav today campaigned against uncle Shivpal Yadav, and hence his own Samajwadi Party while addressing a rally in Etawah.
Samajwadi Party’s family feud is not yet over. Even as Akhilesh Yadav has won the fight for party symbol — a cycle, the bitterness of the feud continues midway through the Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections 2017. However, the continuing feud may confuse the SP voters in the crucial elections.
Two rival camps in the feud over control of SP were led by Akhilesh Yadav and his father Mulayam Singh Yadav. While Akhilesh still continues to vow in the name of Mulayam, the latter was aided by his brother Shivpal Yadav and an “outsider”, Amar Singh. While Amar Singh has been removed from the party, Shivpal is fighting on an SP ticket from Jaswantnagar in Etawah.
What may surprise many is that Akhilesh today campaigned against Shivpal, and hence his own party while addressing a rally in Etawah. Though Akhilesh stayed away from directly taking the name of Shivpal, he said everything he could to ensure the defeat of Shivpal and SP in Jaswantnagar constituency.
Here are some of the jibes the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister took against Shivpal:
- 1. “Suna hai Etawah mein kahin kahin chupke chupke mobile se cycle ko haraane ki baat ho rahi hai (I have heard that people are secretly talking on mobile about defeating ‘Cycle’ in Etawah.”
- 2. “Humne suna hai yahan nayi party banne ja rahi hai, ye aarop to hum pe lagta tha (I have heard that a new party is being formed here. But this allegation was being labelled against me earlier).” Recently, Shivpal had reportedly said he may form a new party after the election. However, he latter backtracked from the comment.
- 3. “In logon ne saazish ki, jab saazish ka pardafaash hua to kehte hain viraasat mein kuchh nahi mila (These people conspired and when the conspiracy became public, they said they didn’t get anything as inheritance)”. : Akhilesh Yadav in Etawah
- 4. “Jinhone Netaji aur mere beech khaayi paida ki hai, Etawah ke log usay sabak sikhaane ka kaam karna (Those who have created a rift between me and Netaji (Mulayam), people of Etawah teach them a lesson).”:
- 5. “Jin pe humne bharosa kiya, unhone mujhe aur Netaji ko lada diya. (People, whom I trusted, they made me and Netaji fight.”
- 6. “Wo cycle chhinnewaale thay, kamse kam unki cycle chhin gayi (They wanted to take the cycle, but they have lost their own cycle.”
Curiously, Mulayam has stayed away from much of the campaign. On some occasions, he has asked people to vote for his youngest daughter-in-law Aparna Yadav and brother Shivpal.
The third phase of Assembly elections in UP will take place on Sunday. Results of the seven-phase elections will be announced on March 11.
(With ANI inputs)