After BJP’s spectacular win in both Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh Assembly Elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed his party members at the BJP headquarters in Delhi and congratulated them for the results. Prime Minister Modi during his speech at the BJO HQ paid his respects to the people of Himachal and Gujarat for choosing development over casteism. PM Modi said that the people of India have new hopes, aspirations and expectations. He said that Gujarat election is historic for BJP as no party has maintained its victory march for so long. He added that elections have proven that people of Gujarat are ready to embrace reform and they believe in reforms. PM Modi added that the results in Himachal Pradesh show that if you don’t work for development and are embroiled in all wrong acts, then after 5 years people will not accept you. He said that BJP has won in Gujarat due to development and even after his tenure as the chief minister ended, his collegues (‘friends’) have continued to take the development path forward.
Watch PM Narendra Modi full speech here:
LIVE: PM Shri @narendramodi at BJP HQ after victory in Gujarat & Himachal Pradesh elections. https://t.co/pL0QVzksuk
— BJP (@BJP4India) December 18, 2017
Here are the excerpts from his speech:
- From the UP civic polls to the polls in Maharashtra, BJP has scored remarkable victories.
- The way the people of Himachal Pradesh have supported us shows that people are fed up of misgovernance and misdeeds by the incumbent Government in the state. They have given BJP a positive vote
- Gujarat poll results are historical. In this day and age, for a party to keep winning for so long.
- BJP won all the seats it contested in 1989 Lok Sabha polls. We won most of the seats we contested in 1990. In 1995, in 1998, in 2002, in 2007 and in 2012 we won. We won most seats in Lok Sabha polls too.
- Whether you like BJP or not but don’t try to derail the nation from the road of development
- Sadly, a few people who were hungry for power, they tried to sow the seeds of casteism. Gujarat has been rejecting those people and have rejected them again. We also have to be move careful now on. Our Mantra remains ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas.’
- 30 years back, poison of caste was spread so badly in Gujarat that it took workers like me 30 years to get rid of it. In last few months there were attempts again to sow seeds of casteism, but people rejected it,I congratulate them
- 6 crore Gujaratis are one and they want to move ahead on the path of progress. Let every Gujarati embrace one another, we cannot and won’t be divided. Whatever happened, let that be forgotten…only think of unity and brotherhood