​​​
  1. Vijay Rupani Election Result: LIVE UPDATES from Rajkot West seat of Gujarat Assembly

Vijay Rupani Election Result: LIVE UPDATES from Rajkot West seat of Gujarat Assembly

Vijay Rupani Election Result: LIVE UPDATES: Gujarat Assembly elections 2017 counting is underway and this is going to big test for recently elected CM Vijay Rupani.

By: | Updated: December 18, 2017 9:33 AM
vijay rupani, Rajkot West, Gujarat Assembly, Vijay Rupani Election Result live, BJP, Congress, narendra modi, pm modi, rahul gandhi The election result will be a litmus test for Narendra Modi’s Gujarat model as well as for Rupani in many ways. Since his takeover as the Gujarat CM in August, Rupani has been subjected to grievous problems in the state.

Vijay Rupani Election Result: LIVE UPDATES: Gujarat Assembly elections 2017 counting is underway and this is going to big test for recently elected CM Vijay Rupani. The election result will be a litmus test for Narendra Modi’s Gujarat model as well as for Rupani in many ways. Since his takeover as the Gujarat CM in August, Rupani has been subjected to grievous problems in the state. Be it the Patidar agitation or the allegation of ”manipulative trade practices”, he has been braving serious problems in his short tenure as the CM. In Gujarat, the main contestants from the BJP are Chief Minister Vijay Rupani (Rajkot West), Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel (Mehsana) and state BJP unit president Jitu Vaghani (Bhavnagar West). Here are all the LIVE UPDATES of Prem Kumar Dhumal Election Result:-

9:30 am: Vijay Rupani leading by 1800 votes from Rajkot West

9:14 am: Vijay Rupani is trailing

While the BJP is seeking a sixth straight term in office, the Congress is aiming to stage a comeback in power after being in the opposition for over two decades. The counting of votes will be held at 37 centres across the state’s 33 districts, amidst tight security. For the 182 seats up for grabs, a total of 1,828 candidates contested the elections which were held in two phases on December 9 and 14. The voting was held following an acrimonious campaign where both the main political parties indulged in no-holds- barred attacks on each others

An average 68.41 per cent polling was recorded in the polls. The total voter turnout this time saw a dip of 2.91 per cent, as compared to the 2012 polls when 71.32 per cent polling was registered. In the 2012 polls, the BJP had won 115 seats and the Congress 61 seats, while others and independents had bagged six seats. It is a prestige battle for PM Narendra Modi since Gujarat is his home state.

Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Go to Top